Chapter 14

A droplet of sweat fell down Naxia's face. Sparks of plasma were flying inches from her figure. A crimson blade met with a tripled bladed saber. Kylo and Naxia were currently in a battle. Their stances exchanged, and their minds calculated. Ren was striking with precision, and placing a lot of power into his swings, while Naxia was trying to chose the easy routes, and just swipe in whatever way that would save a limb. She wasn't as talented with the weapon as her teacher was. All she could do was play defense until he screwed up, allowing her to take the lead. But she's done this before. Why couldn't she now? Each blow moved the two towards the front of the room. Cara was observing their fight from the back of the space, annoyed she couldn't join in. To her defense, Kylo was just here to help. But now it seemed like he was here to take over. When was she going to be able to teach her apprentice like intended? The two Sith's both stopped moving towards the front of the room, and stayed in one general area. Ren was fighting with anger, passion in his eyes. Naxia couldn't even talk, for she was trying with all her might to stay alive in this moment. His strikes were too fast, too strong, too ... perfect. She started to lose confidence in her swings with her saber, making them flimsy and unnatural. It was getting harder and harder to stay in rhythm with Kylo's blows. They both started to move once again, this time, closer to the front wall of the chamber. With Ren in the lead, he started to position their movements towards the wall, so that Naxia would be pinned against it. She noticed this, and tried to change their direction in every way possible, but had little luck in doing so. With Naxia's back pressed against the metal, her saber stayed locked in position against Ren's, as she used her remaining strength to try and push it away. The triple bladed weapon came closer and closer to her body, the particles of fire flying everywhere. She immediately knew there was no way to could get out of this position from the moment she entered it. Thinking Kylo would also take notice of her failure, she stopped pressing her saber against his. But he wouldn't stop. Using her stunning reflexes, she resumed resisting his saber just before the weapon reached skin. Her strength was nothing compared to his, and the warmth of the plasma was becoming more to a burning temperature. She tried signalling to the man, with facial expressions, her fear in that moment. He. Wasn't. Stopping. His eyes were still fiery with passion. Kylo was in the zone, too into their fight to be stopped. Eventually, one of the mini-blades of his lightsaber burned right through clothing, and touched skin. Naxia tried to hold in a scream of pain. Cara noticed the current situation, and also started to worry.

"KYLO!" She shouted from across the room.

He heard her call, and paused, processing the present moment. Ren noticed that this was all going a bit too far, but didn't stop immediately. It took him another couple of seconds to step away, and disable his lightsaber. Naxia followed by deactivating hers also, and grabbed her shoulder in discomfort. Cara ran over to examine the damage.

Relieved, she said, "You'll be fine."

"Sure I will."

Kylo was still standing in the same spot, mid-thought.

"I am disappointed with you Naxia."

"Excuse me?"

"Well, I guess I got a little carried away there for a second."

"You think?" Naxia shot back.

Embarrassed, and filled with guilt, he responded, "Yeah, uh, sorry about that."

She didn't respond to his apology. Cara seemed shock to see such a fighter say the word "sorry", but kept her mouth shut.

"Uh, Lord Ren, may I have a word with you?" Cara asked.

"I don't see why not. Session completed for the day."

After his statement, Kylo and Cara both exited the room, leaving Naxia solitary in the chamber. Finally being alone, and able to let out a groan of pain, she did exactly that. She dropped to the ground, leaning against the wall, trying to fight back tears. In the midst of her moment, the doors to the room opened. A stormtrooper came in, holding a small box-like case. She immediately rose from the ground in attempt to keep her respect from the soldiers.