Chapter 13

"Look, none of us intended for that to happen okay?" Auros explained.

"It doesn't matter, it still happened, whether you intended it or not." Naxia replied.

"I swear, none of us are like Diaden at the Resistance. That IT-O droid was never meant to be used on humans."

"Look I don't care all of it still happened."

Auros gave a sigh of annoyance. "Where are you heading after this?"

"Training with Kylo again."

"Don't you think he'll start to get suspicious, or that other people here will? I mean, you've been coming here for days now."

"I have a feeling he'll try to stay away from reading my thoughts from now on, that memory could make him pass out or something even worse. I don't know if it'll keep evolving into something worse, and neither does he."

"Ah right, the whole Karma thing."

Naxia looked down at ground, contemplating on weather to explain something.

"Look, you remember a while ago when I told you I was going to handle the whole interrogation thing?"

"Uh ... Oh yeah."

"I ... just nevermind."

"Oh come on you can't leave me hanging like that."

"Watch me."

Auros gave a look of disappointment.

"I appreciate you letting me to talk to you."

"It's not like I have a choice really."

"You do have a choice. You could've told anyone about our meetings, putting an end to them, and most likely me. It was really stupid of me to let loose back then. But when I saw you kept your mouth shut, I saw it was safe, and kept coming back. So why didn't you?"

"I don't know actually."

The truth was, Auros felt a sense of pride and honor talking to Naxia. Knowing that he alone was the one Naxia chose to talk to, and express her life story to, was a sign of respect. Being the one who obtained such valuable information signalled to the boy responsibility, purpose. If he told the guards, or anyone, he would fail at his single purpose on this base, eliminating the only reason why he was still alive.

"Really?"

"Uh, yeah."

"Look I don't have time to see if your answer is true. I have to go over to Kylo and Cara. Oh, and have fun later."

"Wait why would I be having-" He stopped, ending his sentence as the cell doors slammed shut behind Naxia.

"Great." He mumbled.

-----

Naxia entered the room to see Kylo and Cara talking. They stopped immediately as their student arrived.

"How are you feeling?" Kylo asked.

She knew he didn't mean her leg. Her limb was actually healing fine, but became an extreme annoyance during practice. What Ren was asking was if her mental state was at all being disturbed. They both were terrified of the memory, for its power was immense. It was constantly evolving, who knows what it could do next.

"Fine, I think."

"Good. Just keep eliminating any memories about the Resistance, and you should be fine."

"I've been trying to." There was a slight tremble in her voice.

She was scared of her own thoughts now. Entering that state of being "torn apart" was not something she wanted to do again.