Chapter 22

"So am I free to go?" Auros anxiously asks.

"Well, I'm not supposed to let you out for another day ... but ..." The nurse pauses, pondering. "I'll let you go. Just be careful okay? Try not to turn a lot, your side is pretty banged up."

"YES! Thank you!" Auros yells in excitement, jumping out of bed, and running down the hallways of the Resistance Base. It had been two days since the mission, and he was being held captive in the medical department for his injuries longer then his patience could handle. When they were still on the base, everyone was so crazy over Tyros, getting by as Stormtroopers was no problem. Desperate to see if Naxia was holding up okay on her burns, he rushed as fast as he could to her medical room, and bursted through the door. He found Naxia yelling at all of the nurses, extremely conflicted. Surprisingly, Vandreen was there, trying to calm her down.

"I don't need any of this junk!" She yelled.

"Naxia just let us help you for a couple more-"

"LET ME OUT!"

"Naxia, relax they're just trying to help-" Vandreen started.

"I'll be fine just take all of this stuff off!"

Leia sneaked in behind Auros. "Just let her be everyone. She can do what she wants." Leia looked down at Auros. "I need to talk with you."

Upset that he couldn't check up on Naxia first, he slowly walked out, watching as her and Vandreen exited while chatting.

"Ever find out why she wanted to go on that mission so badly?"

"Oh yeah. Some insane revenge mission on Dalcuras."

"Really?"

Auros pulled out the saber as proof. "Oh my gosh ... she actually did it."

"I know right, it's insane. She somehow did it while fighting Kylo too."

"Wait ... was her injury because of ... "

"Yeah ... " Auros replied, knowing she wouldn't like the answer.

Guilt coated her face.

"It wasn't your fault." He said, trying to lighten her mood.

"No, I know. I should get going." And with that she left.

Auros, finally free to talk to Naxia, walked out to the loading docks, where he saw Vandreen and her head.

Seeing them, he walked up to the two, confused as to why they were even talking. "What's up with you guys?"

"Oh nothing much, I just couldn't stand being held prisioner in that bed. I don't deserve their help. If anything, I deserve this pain." Naxia explained.

"Naxia, stop it. You did nothing wrong." Auros encouraged.

"My whole life I've been doing everything wrong!"

Karma walked up to them, a sad look on her face.

"Oh no what's wrong this time?" Vandreen complained.

"What? Oh nothing."

"Stop lying, just tell us."

Poe jumped in from behind. "Lor San Tekka died ..."

"Thanks Poe!" Karma shouted, irritated.

"Wait I don't get it. Why are you upset about?" Naxia asked.

"He was my grandfather!" She exclaimed.

Naxia gasped, coming upon a realization. "It all makes sense."