Chapter 4

As I walked out of school, I still heard bits of laughter. And as much as I told myself, don't look back, don't look back, my dumb ass did exactly that; I looked back. When I did, I glared directly at Luke who was surprisingly trying to send me a sympathetic smile, but there was something behind it, an emotion that I have yet to discover from him. Maybe care? His facial expression quickly changed when Ashton looks at him and stares back at me. And in that moment, I turned and bolted out of school.

I walk to the parking lot only then to realize my mother drove me. I'm beyond pissed the fuck off and the last thing I wanna go do is go home and plaster a fake ass smile across my face for my mom's benefit. I refuse to do that, so I walked out of the school parking lot and walked around leaving myself prisoner to my own thoughts. It's mind killing, really. Thirty minutes into replaying the whole situation with the guys in my head, I decide to call my girlfriend. Maybe she'll lighten my mood.

"Babe!" she practically yells through the phone when she picks it up. "I miss you."

I huffed in response. She knows I can't stand the word "babe." Who the fuck even made that a part of the English speaking language, anyway? I'll tell you who; morons. "I miss you too," I manage to get out without showing my annoyance. "What's wrong?" she asks instantly after my response. This is one of my favorite things about her, her ability to know when something's wrong. It shows that she cares enough to see a change in attitude even when I try to hide it.

"Nothing. I just got into a fight in school," I say back. "Why?" she demands. "Because guys were being dick heads. Why else?" I spit back. "Well you can be pretty intimidating, you know. Maybe they got a rude vibe from you or something," she says calmly. "What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" I practically yell. The only lady walking besides myself walks faster up the road. "I am not intimidating at all. I'm quite a lovely person if I do say so myself," I say kindly. As much as her comment got to me, I don't want to start a fight with her. I miss her way to much.

I keep walking ahead for a while, till I suddenly realize it's 7:30 at night and I need to get back home. Vanessa and I have been talking the whole time, catching up. She discussed how she got accepted into a new photography school in California, and her plans to move up there in a week's time, and how she's hoping for me to go up there soon with her. Highly doubtful. I mean I would love to be in California with her, but that place holds way to many bad memorize for me to relive and remember.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I've realized Vanessa and I have been together for a little over a year now, on and off actually. She always tends to not put up with my shit and leave for a couple days and comes crawling back. But in that time period, I have never said I loved her, not because I don't, well mainly because I don't feel in love with her. I just care for her as a friend. A lot. She's never mentioned anything about me not saying it, but she says it to me every once in a while. Thinking about it now, that must really make me look like an asshole. I'm just not the type to say what isn't true, I guess.

As I'm walking home in the complete darkness, I slowly began to hear really loud footsteps behind me. I speed my walk to try and get away from whomever is making the sound, only to hear the steps louder and faster, touching the ground rapidly. At this point, I'm running for my life in the dark until a figure puts its arms around my waist and spins me to face them. Me being me, and doing the only thing I know how to do right for my own safety, begins to raise my arm and aims a punch directly to the face only to be stopped seconds away from contact. I stood frozen.

"Wtf is your problem?" a familiar voice shrieks as they release my wrist. "Luke?" I question laughing at the possibility it may even truly be him. "Yes, it's me you asshole. Why the fuck were you trying to punch me?" he questions, almost sounding hurt. "I thought you were a creep or some shit," I say. "Oh," he says calmly bringing a small smile to his face. I look down to realize his hands are still on my waist. Immediately, I feel my cheeks heating. He looks down, laughs, and looks back up at me. "Are you blushing?" he asks with a big cheesy grin on his face.

"No," I try to state confidently, but it backfires and end up coming out as a squeal. He laughs and then tightens his grip. "You like it," he teases. "No I don't," I state more calmly even though I'm currently going frantic inside. I don't quite understand why, but my emotions are acting really weird. All of the sudden, I feel so shy and nervous, which is hardly ever. I then move his hands from my waist and he frowns at the lack of connection between us.

"What's wrong?" he ask me as I sit down on the grass. "Oh I don't know. Maybe it could possibly be that I got shoved up against a wall today, thrown out of my own desk, and thrown against lockers and kicked in the stomach several times. But you know, other than that, my life is peachy," I spit back remembering exactly what happened today. "Oh, and maybe there's something about me being gay going around school and spreading like wildfire, and me being quote on quote pathetic because of whatever the fuck Tyler told you," I said harshly. "Oh and whatever the fuck Tyler told you is an absolute lie because I never mentioned you at all to him. I tried to apologize for whatever he may have thought I did because he was being an emotional little girl today before music, which is why I was late."

Instead of responding, he sits right down next to me. "Tyler told me and the boys through text message that you wanted to fuck. That you would do anything to be in my pants and for me to be in you. How you wanted me and had devised this whole plan. He said you told him yourself and that you didn't give a fuck about his feelings at all. What he said completely caught me by surprise, actually. Tyler is officially an asshole in my book." he states way calmer then I expected him to. "Well, Tyler is a lying little shit," I instantly say back.

We just sat there in silence at the end of the side of the road in utter darkness, looking up at the stars in the sky. In a way, it was peaceful. "So, you don't wanna fuck me?" Luke says after what feels like hours of silence. "No, I don't. I'm straight," I defend. "Yeah, sure you are," he says. I instantly stand up in rage and completely lose it. "I am fucking straight so don't you dare tell me what I am, because you don't even know me! You've known me for, what? A couple hours? And you were just calling me pathetic hours ago with your friends kicking the living shit out of me!" I throw my hands in the air in rage.

That's when he does the unpredictable. He stands to his feet and comes close to me. He pulls me to his chest and I try to say, "Don't," and try to push away, but it comes out as a whisper and he replies with, "Shh, you'll like it." We're so close right now that I can smell the cologne on him; it smells extravagant. Without thinking, I put my hands on his waist and he slowly brings his hand down, teasing me. It sends me chills all throughout my body and I feel my stomach tighten. He goes down and grabs my length, and grips hard squeezing. I moan and without letting things go further, I push away. "Wtf was that?" I yell. "You liked it," he says proudly.

"No I didn't. It felt odd," I replied and walked away, looking at the time. It was now 9 and I needed to get home before my mother had a fit. Luke quickly caught up to me and is now walking beside me. He looks like he's thinking about something. "I'm going home," I answer his thoughts. "You didn't like it?" he says hushed, sounding almost sad or disappointed. I can't really tell. "No I didn't. I'm straight for the millionth time," I said proudly. "But you moaned!" he spat clearly proud of himself and immediately his emotion changed from sadness to cockiness. "You caught me by surprise. That's all."

"Mhmm. Sure I did," he said, grinning.

We walked to my house in utter silence. I was surprised he decided to walk me home, but not amused. I did not like his little touch and grab game he was playing with me. I refuse to be his little toy. I admit I liked it a little bit, but in a weird way that I don't think is normal at all. But, that is the least of my worries right now.

Luke and I get to the front door and I say, "This is my stop," and he leans in closer to me and brings himself up to my ear and whispers, "Goodnight, babe." I fucking cringe at his words. I lift my hand to slap him and it's stopped again by his arm. "You know you love it; don't try to fight it and would you quit trying to hit me? I'm not that much of an asshole," he says while laughing. "Mhmm, sure you aren't," I say, letting out a laugh. He turns to leave, and says, "Bye, babe," getting ready to turn the corner that is now hiding him from my sight.

I open my door and go inside to find an angry mother sitting on the stairs, not looking to happy. God, I'm fucking in for a load of shit.