Chapter 31

*Luke's POV*

The school bell rang and kids started to pour out of the classroom quickly. I stood back, watching the violent actions of everyone pushing each other through the small door until there was no one, and I was left in the empty chemistry lab.

My body feels weak, as if I'm going to pass out at any minute due to lack of what I have desperately been craving for weeks on end again. Pushing the thought out of my mind, I get up, leave the lab and walk to my locker slowly. I take in every kid rushing out of the building in a hurried motion. Probably all of them are getting ready for Ashton's party. I don't know how many parties I can actually take before I crack and go down the same path all over again, yet no matter how much I can't take them, I still attend.

Reaching my locker, I open it and throw all my books inside, not caring if I had homework or not. I need relaxation. I need to calm myself this weekend. I can't keep repeating things, and I can't keep being the cause of my own shitty life. All these things play in my head, but I still don't listen. Throwing my book bag in my locker, I slam it in frustration.

I'm snapped out of my anger and a little scared to see a Michael standing right behind where my locker door was. He seems worried, but when isn't he worried about someone is the question. Michael may be caring, but I know him. I know him so well to know whenever he has a hidden agenda under his sleeve.

"Angry, I see," he mutters and I can't help but roll my eyes at him.

"What's it to you?" I snap, leaning against my locker.

"Everything. Why the fuck are you back in contact with Steven?" He questions angrily, but his worry definitely overpowers it.

"Whoever said I stopped being in contact with him?"

"You should've. Everyone fucking told you to."

"Well, I never did. So can we drop this? Last time I checked, you aren't my boyfriend and you weren't even my boyfriend at the time, so the matter itself has nothing to do with you." I say while rolling my eyes.

"Luke, do you remember what the fuck happened last time? Do you remember that I was the fucking one who found you? Do you remember how fucking long it took you to get back to being okay. Do you fucking remember?"

"Don't you dare ask me if I remember. Yes, I fucking remember. I went through it. I was the one who had to leave school and home. I was the one who caused it. I was the one who had to stop. I was the fucking one who had to stay strong throughout the whole thing, so don't act as if I don't remember. Don't act as if I didn't go through it twice before." I say behind gritted teeth trying to control my need to punch him in the face.

"SO WHY ARE YOU HANGING AROUND HIM AGAIN? THE LAST THING ANYONE NEEDS IS FOR HISTORY TO REPEAT ITSELF!" Michael yells next to me. "ARE YOU FUCKING HIM OR SOMETHING? I SWEAR THERE ARE SO MANY POSSIBILITIES RUNNING THROUGH MY MIND THAT I'D ACTUALLY BE OK WITH THE THOUGHT OF YOU FUCKING HIM!" he says honestly, hoping it's that and not what he's dreading it to be.

"No, I'm not fucking him, but I'm not doing anything else, either," I lie, knowing I've caused him enough pain. I don't need him worrying about me to be added to the list of shit I feel guilty about that I can never make right.

"What if Calum were to find out?" he says, putting a hand through his hair, and my whole expression changes as I finally decide to look him in the eye.

"That won't fucking happen. He can't know, and he won't know. He doesn't need to know."

"Yes, he does. He deserves to know."

"No. Are you psychotic? We've just got past the whole situation of you and I having a past. We're finally in this okay state and I don't want some past fucking that up. I'm tired of this shit catching up to me. I don't want him worrying about me, especially when it's not needed."