Chapter 54

(For this chapter we're all going to act as if thanks giving is an all around the world type holiday because I forgot most people don't celebrate it and if you don't it's literally just a day in which us Americans use to eat lots of food with family without feeling guilty about it and thankful for things around us, ok. Enjoy :))

*Michael's POV*

I stand toward the far-off, secluded area in the cafeteria, watching over everyone observantly. I'm taking in everyone's actions cautiously, but mostly focusing my attention on the table in the center of the cafe-Luke's table. I watch as Calum wraps his arms lowly around Luke's waist before placing his head on his shoulder, peppering him with kisses, then sticking his tongue out toward Louis before tightening his grip on Luke a little, causing him to smile genuinely bright.

That smile hasn't been present on Luke's physical features in years. I haven't seen him smile that genuinely since us, and I don't like the sight of it at all.

I remember when Luke lived a carelessly happy and free life, simple and easy, and just the thought alone makes me cringe along with the sight of his once-signature smile plastered on his face due to Calum's public display of confident affection toward him.

But Luke's simple life vanished within seconds when we truly became acquainted, before we actually knew of each other, the real other for that matter. And I honestly thought I'd never see that Luke making a reappearance.

The carelessly free simple life he once lived is long gone and when he did realize that was gone, Luke began to lose himself, along with his trust for people, self-worth and dignity for himself, as he now lives in constant fear of others around him no matter how good he is at hiding it.

And no matter how hard he tries to play off this strong confident act for Calum and for himself, I know what's behind the facade and walls he's put up within. I know he hates himself, blames himself for everything I've done, everything Tyler's done, and I feel no remorse for it all. Why should I when Luke's lived a once care-free life with a loving rich family that most of us dream about?

He should actually be thanking me for adding a bit of emotional depth and entertainment to his pitiful simple life with my false proclaimed love for him.

I know he isn't fully capable of loving Calum because of it, no matter how hard he tries to convince himself otherwise. He won't ever love anyone fully, or even trust that their love for him is actually real and in a way, those were my exact intentions when coming across Luke Hemmings' presence that first time. Those were my exact intentions when I stepped into his life intimately. I wanted to ruin him. No one deserved such simple life, but little did I know, it was already crumbling before I stepped in to worsen things.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't regret what I did at all; it was just the timing. Luke never seemed to have a break. Everything changed and turned on him all at once, almost as if he was getting stabbed in the back repeatedly with no hesitation from anyone. That's what I did, almost as if I was adding to the fire, adding on to his self-hatred and low self-worth.

But who would willingly actually want to be in love with such a fucked-up mental case? I don't know, maybe that's just Calum's type. Although, I highly doubt Calum knows even though he deserves to.

I don't think Luke's told Calum everything because if he did, Calum wouldn't look at Luke the same. Calum wouldn't look at anyone the same, including me.

I think out of everyone, I played a huge part in damaging Luke's perception of people and trust within them because like I've said before, I never loved Luke, but according to the world, I did. I was madly in love with him supposedly and that's how it will stay 'till death do us part.