Chapter 10

The drive seemed so long. I had no clue where I was going or what part of town Luke even lived in. My GPS said turn right so I did as I was told. Once I turned, my mouth dropped at the small secluded area I just was in. Each street was filled with beautiful house after beautiful house. I immediately thought how the fuck could Luke afford to live here? As rude as that sounds, it's true; he doesn't seem like the rich type. Maybe he's just having one of those foreclosure parties. You know those one's where teens sneak into houses that aren't being used.

The GPS told me to proceed straight and I followed instructions. I looked around while driving, examining this beautiful scenery. God, I wish I lived in this part of town. The GPS told me to take one more turn and quickly announced I'd be at my destination. Once I turned, I parked my car on the corner and walked up the road to the big house. As I got closer and closer, I started to grow nervous. Why the fuck was I nervous? I got so much as to the front of the house and stood there in pure astonishment. The house looked like something you'd see in a movie. All white, 5 stories tall, a huge green lawn with evenly cut grass, two gold light post polls on opposite sides of the steps leading to the house, with a red door. I stood on a step, too amazed to move. God, I wished I fucking lived here. I could only imagine what the inside looked like.

I hadn't realized, but I'd been standing in place for a while, just ignoring the loud music like it wasn't even playing, still staring in awe. Suddenly, my phone began ringing, signaling I had an incoming phone call. I groaned while reaching to get it out of my pocket. I swear if it's Vane- I quickly cut my thinking off and smiled while I looked at Luke's contact. I slid my finger on the screen to answer the phone and was greeted with Luke's voice.

"Like what you see babe?" He says while laughing.

"What?" I reply with really confused while still standing on the step.

"You know you're really cute when you're staring at my house like that?" He questions while laughing still.

"Shutup Luke, where are y-"

"Look up!" He says while cutting me off.

I do as I'm told and look up, to see a grinning Luke on a balcony towards the left side of the house. I smile brightly and wave back while speaking into the phone.

"Shouldn't the birthday boy be out enjoying his party? Not cooped up on a balcony stalking a guy?" I say while laughing.

"Not when the guys as cute as you," he says, still grinning widely.

"So are you coming in or are you going to stair at my house all night?" Luke says while holding back his laugh.

I roll my eyes and walk towards the red door. My eyes go back up to the balcony to see that Luke left.

I'm standing in front of the red door breathing in and out. My mind is telling me to leave, go the fuck home and just watch Netflix all night, but obviously I don't listen. I push the door open, and I'm immediately greeted with a red cup filled with God knows what, but it smells really strong. My nerves begin to come back, so I take in the cup with a huge slurp. Seems as soon as I put my empty red cup down, another one filled with something different and much stronger is handed to me. I take in the cup and walk around the house.

This house is fucking amazing. There's a grand staircases that rolls into a circle up to the other stories of the house. If you turn to the right, you're greeted to a huge living room where the party is taking place. Look to your left, there's a kitchen that is literally made up of stainless white glass. The keg and other alcohol is all spread throughout the kitchen with a few couples making out on the counter next to the food. How beautiful; I rolled my eyes at the thought. I tried to make my way into the living room, avoiding all the grinding going on. I guess that's what dancing is considered nowadays. I sit at the end of the big living room in a corner, suddenly finishing my 2nd drink and getting a 3rd.

I don't really know anyone at this party. Why the hell did I even agree to come? Everyone seems to know each other and seem to be enjoying themselves. I take in my 3rd cup of God knows what with a swig to my mouth. It feels like the whole school is here. People began to glance at me but say nothing. Like they could care less of my presence; I'm just glad no one is yelling fag in my direction. The thought off being called fag in school this morning comes back to my head, and I find a 4th cup and wash it down within seconds, trying to get those thoughts out of my head. I'm beginning to feel a bit whoozy and everything seems a little bit dull. My mind slowly begins to drift away with thought Of Luke. While I search for a 5th cup.

It's been about an hour and still no sign of Luke. I've heard his name a couple times being called by Michael and Ashton. The thought makes me grow sad seeing that he invited me here and hasn't even bothered to find me or communicate with me. I've been drinking for the past hour and I sorta lost count on cup 13; I don't know, it was around there. I usually can handle my liquor very well, but this time seems different. I have no idea what state I'm in and God knows wtf I'm drinking. Suddenly, I get this urge to pee. I try to stand, balancing myself with the walls around, trying to make my way back to the hall between the living room and kitchen. Once there, I head up the grand staircase in search of a bathroom.

As I'm going up the stairs, there becomes a point where my legs feel like jello and I literally begin to crawl the rest of the way up. Don't judge me, my body hurts. The 2nd story is beyond beautiful. Navy blue carpet lay one the floor with white walls and cherry wooden tables stand every few feet away from each other. God, there's rooms everywhere. I groan to myself knowing a headache is coming on and it's going to take me about 85 years to find a bathroom.

I try to stand to my feet with the help of a wooden table. I slowly make my way to the left side of the walkway to begin my search. I wiggle a few doors, only to my luck that most of them are locked or occupied by hormonal teenagers. Almost giving up, I make my way towards the end of the hall to a black and white door with a golden knob. I suddenly release a breath I hadn't known I was holding as I turned the knob and the door swung open.

I walked into the room and shut it behind me. The room was really spacious. It had a king sized bed with blue and white sheets with a night stand table holding a lamp and endless amounts of CDs. There was a black desk with a MacBook on it and a bulletin board right above it. Curiosity got the best of me and I wobbled to the bulletin board. As I walked, I realized there was a glass sliding door to a balcony outside. The view through the glass door was beautiful. It had full view of the night sky; it seemed so calm and peaceful in this room. Towards a corner, there was multiple guitars set up on stands. They looked almost brand new, so precious. Before I even got to the desk, two doors on opposite sides of the room caught my attention and suddenly, I remembered why I had come here in the first place.

I ran to one of the doors and swung it open. To my luck, it was a bathroom. A fancy one at that might I add, but all I had on my mind was pissing my guts out. After I relieved myself, I flushed the toilet and washed my hands. The bathroom was white marble; it had a silver shiny shower and the lighting was really bright. I shut the light off and closed the door. I walked toward the desk, remembering what caught my eye before I remembered my pissing urge. The bulletin board was filled with pictures. It had family pictures, friends pictures, and some movie tickets all pinned on it. They were all of Luke and what I'm assuming are his mom, dad, Michael, Ashton, and even a few of Tyler. Jealousy and anger grew in me as I was looking at the picture of Luke and Tyler laughing and smiling. I wanted to rip them off the board completely, but decided against it. They were even some of Luke as a kid. One of him with a fake microphone singing to what looks like his mom. I smiled to myself, my anger dying down. Luke looked happy in every single picture and just the thought of him being happy made me happy in this moment. God, wtf is wrong with me, I began to start thinking. Must be everything I drank getting to my mind. Straying away from my thoughts, I brought my eyes back to the pictures. The ones with Michael and Ashton to be exact. There was one of them carrying Luke in a bridal style. One of them all laughing, and another of them all playing instruments; it looks like it was taken in this exact room. Wait, this must be Luke's room.I smiled to myself.

I just stood there, staring at all of them for a while. I still feel intoxicated, like I can knock out at any time. I think I'm an emotional drunk because thoughts of Luke began to creep back into my mind. I miss him, and I feel angry I haven't seen him at all since I arrived here. What? Wtf? Why do I miss him? I mentally face palm myself as I heard a door swing open. I assume it came from another room, but I quickly realize I'm wrong when I feel two arms swing me around to look straight up at them. Luke. I smiled. Finally, I thought to myself, but I changed my expression quickly, realizing that I'm fucking pissed at him.

"Hey cutie, I see you've found my room. Like it?" He asks with a grin on his face.

"Yeah, it's nice if I'm being honest." I say emotionless while pushing him away from me.

"What's wrong?" He asks, overly concerned.

At this point, I'm beyond angry with him for more reasons than I know and I try to keep quiet, but everything just comes out of my mouth so fast before I can even try to stop myself.

"What's wrong? WHAT'S FUCKING WRONG? HAHAHA, FUNNY ONE, LUKE. YOU INVITED ME HERE, PRACTICALLY BEGGED ME TO COME HERE, AND YOU WERE NOWHERE TO BE FOUND ALL NIGHT. YOU IGNORED ME THE ENTIRE NIGHT FOR YOUR GROUP OF FRIENDS WHILE I SAT IN THE CORNER TO ALL MY ENDLESS THOUGHTS ABOUT YOU, ABOUT US..." He cuts me off and questions me while saying, "Us?" But I quickly shut him the fuck up.

"YES LUKE. US. ARE YOU STUPID?! ARE WE EVEN FRIENDS, LUKE? ONE MINUTE YOU'RE BEING SO REAL AND NICE AND TRUTHFUL TO ME! THEN, THE NEXT YOU'RE TREATING ME LIKE SHIT, KICKING ME IN THE HALLS. LITERALLY. FOR WHAT? WHAT CAN YOU POSSIBLY GET OUT OF IT? A BETTER SCHOOL REP? TRYING TO IMPRESS YOUR FRIENDS? WELL NEWS FLASH! THEY'RE NOT REALLY YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU HAVE TO ACT LIKE THAT JUST TO GAIN THEIR SATISFACTION. I'VE ONLY BEEN HERE FOR 2 DAYS AND THOSE 2 DAYS HAVE FELT LIKE 2 YEARS! YOU'RE SO CONFUSING! ONE MINUTE YOU'RE TAKING ME TO REALLY NICE WATER PITS AND TALKING SWEETLY TO ME FROM A BALCONY AND THE NEXT YOU'RE COMPLETELY IGNORING MY EXISTENCE WHEN YOU WANTED ME HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. I'M SO DONE. I'M BEYOND DONE WITH WHATEVER THIS IS." I motion my hands between us and wipe the sweat building on my forehead. I can't fucking stand him right now, and being intoxicated has given me all this confidence and I will not be silent tonight.

Luke looks right into my eyes sympathetically. "I didn't know you felt that way, Calum. I'm sorry; I'm stupid and-" his voice cracks and he tried to go on, but I interrupt him.

"Damn right you're stupid. I've never felt like this towards anyone. You get my blood boiling to another level, and I never know what to do," I say, my voice suddenly being lower.

Luke comes close to me and rests his hand on my cheek. Instead of being reluctant, I lean into his touch, all anger vanishing within seconds. I put my hands around his waist and pull him closer to me. So close that we're touching.

After minutes of silence, he says, "You reek like alcohol." I suddenly grow really self conscious and push away, only to be pulled back by him into his arms. I really love this feeling; the feeling of just being with him, even if I can hear all the loud punk music playing from downstairs.

"How much did you drink?"

"I stopped counting at the 13th cup," I say honestly while laughing like it's the funniest thing in the world.

"You know that was pure hard liquor, right? You're gonna be so sick tomorrow, and you probably won't remember anything." He trails off and silence falls.

"I feel like you like me better when you're drunk. Why don't you like me when you're sober?"

"I think when I'm drunk, I gain a lot of confidence, Lukey."

"Lukey?" He questions.

"Yeah, Lukey. I've been wanting to tell you off since Thursday I just never had the nerve. I think I'm just afraid."

"Afraid of what?"

"My feelings towards you. They're different. They aren't right. They shouldn't be right, especially when I have Vanessa."

He smiles then rolls his eyes at the mention of Vanessa. I laugh and and play with his hair. "You're cute when you're jealous." God, I have so much confidence.

"You're honest when you're drunk," he says a little too calmly. He leans close to my face to the point where our foreheads are touching. We both stare into each others eyes. He gives me this look and then stares at my lips as if asking permission, but instead of answering, I crash my lips onto his. Our lips move in sync together, very slow and passionate. It feels so right, but Luke pulls away with regret in his eyes. Regret?

"I can't; you're drunk. You won't even remember this tomorrow, Calum."

I'm infuriated at this point. "Can't? Or won't? You have a choice, Luke!" I spit angrily.

"I choose not to because you're fucking drunk, Calum." He says trying to sound as calm as possible but fails.

The door that I came in from suddenly is getting pushed open and here enters a white and black headed Michael. I roll my eyes, I mean wtf is up with this kid and his hair?!

"What the fuck is this fag doing in here?" Michael yells to Luke like I'm not even there. Luke shoots me this disgusted look. Great. We're back to him treating me like shit for the satisfaction of his friends. What happens next blows my mind.

"I have no fucking idea. I come to my room to use my bathroom and I saw him come through the balcony! I wanna know who the fuck invited him cause I sure didn't!" Luke yells.

I have no tolerance for this anymore. I'm completely done with this, and I'm fucking done with Luke. As suspected, the headache I knew that was coming comes on. Perfect timing. I just mutter "typical" to Luke and began to laugh. I don't even know why; I just find this so funny. I'm so pathetic. Michael and Luke look at me confused and I run out the room, down the stairs and out the door till the night air hits me. I walk slowly to my car, not knowing what to do. When I get there, I know damn well I'm too drunk to drive but I do anyway, so I put the key in the ignition and floor it!

*Luke's POV*

"God, that kid has no boundaries," I say to Michael who is now amused by Calum's storm away. Calum let out huge bombs tonight, and I'm sure I believe them because a drunk mind speaks the truth of a sober one. I can't help but feel bad, but not give a shit at the same time. That's just who I am. Calum just makes me a completely different person, and I hate the idea of that, but I still fall into it. Nope, not tonight. Not on my fucking birthday. That's why he's gone. Michael leaves my room with a snicker while saying, "Tyler's looking for you," with a wink. I follow him out my room to see an eager Tyler standing outside. I need a toy for the night; he'll be perfect. I pull him in by the wrist, slam the door, and push him up against it. "I've missed this," he whispers in my ear. "Two days is way too long," is the last thing he whispers before I crash myself into him.