Chapter 7

I lean my head against the window staring out at the beautiful scenery. Out of all places to move to, my mother wanted to move to Amsterdam, and I think it finally hit me why. It's beautiful here; everything around looks like it came straight out of an art gallery. I stare in amazement, glancing at Luke every few seconds. He was oddly quiet, which is quite weird coming from Luke, especially around me. He always has some smart ass comment to say around me because he thinks it makes him charming.

I glanced over at him, and saw his eyes focused on the road, he's mouth pulling into a grin. "Like what you see?" he questions, overly confident. "No," I spit. "Ouch, that hurts," he places a hand on his chest playfully as if I wounded him. "You know you do, Calum. Why are you lying?" he smirks. I roll my eyes and look back at the window and pull out my phone to text Vanessa.

"Hey babe" I send. After a few minutes, I get response "Hi, I miss you cal. xx :("

"Who are you texting?" Luke questions. "My girlfriend," I respond back nonchalantly. He then grabs my phone and throws it in the back seat far from my reach. "Why'd you do that?" I shout. "Because you're with me right now, not her," he says coldly, showing no emotion and making it hard for me to read him. I see his hands on the steering wheel tighten and I completely decide to drop the subject.

After moments of silence and endless driving, I began to question where we're going because instead of seeing beautiful trees and houses, I see nothing but sand outside beside the road. Sand? What the fuck? With a mixture of rocks?

"Luke, where are we going?" I ask, a little paranoid. "Relax," he says reassuringly, "We're almost there." "Where?" I demand. "You'll find out when we get there. God, Calum, you're such a handful." I sighed in defeat and looked back to the window not wanting to further argue.

I began to think to myself, who the fuck does this guy think he is, taking me hostage with him to God knows where. But then again, I could've bolted but didn't, my subconscious adds. I don't even know why I didn't leave. Something just kept me there, almost like a feeling to stay. I don't know, it was really odd, but I stayed. Now I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere with someone I barely know.

"We're here," Luke says snapping me out of my confusing thoughts and putting the car in park. He runs out the car slamming the door behind him. Meanwhile, I try to get out but my doors locked. I send him a confused look through the window as he runs to my side of the car and opens the door. "I could've opened the door myself, you know," I state. "Yeah, but I wanted to do it," he replies back shyly looking at the ground. I don't get this kid at all, I mean he's so confusing.

"C'mon," he says. I follow close behind him. We walk through a path of round shiny stones. It's so beautiful, and the air smells like mint. Well, maybe not mint exactly, but that's how I would compare it. "Where are we going Luke?" I say annoyed because he's been so secretive this whole time. "We're almost there, just wait," he says calmy, obliviously trying to hide how annoyed he is with me constantly asking.

When we get to the end of the path, Luke grabs my hand and pulls me through a tunnel surrounded by shiny sparking stones. I stare up everywhere in awe. It's so beautiful in here. "This isn't the best part," Luke says, answering my thoughts while pushing me further into the tunnel. The rocks began to get shinier and smoother, and I began to hear faint sounds of falling water, but it's growing louder and louder the farther we walk in.

Finally, we turn down a rock path and into what seems like the middle of the tunnel. There's sand on the ground with scattered stones, and a beautiful water fall flowing down into a pit covered with rocks. The place looked mesmerizing. I let go of Luke's hand realizing we've been connected the entire time and step forward to get a better look of my surroundings. "It's absolutely breathtaking," I say without thinking. Luke chuckles and begins to walk toward my side and sits down on the sand, patting the ground signaling me to sit down.