Chapter 26

As I walk through the front doors of school. Everything is silent. Dead silent with not a student in sight. I mentally yell at myself for waking up late and making myself late.

Thank God my mother wasn't up as I was leaving. I would've dealt with an earful from her if she caught me leaving to school at such a time. She would've went on and on about how education is key and needed when I completely think it's utter bullshit.

As I make my way to my locker, the once quiet abandoned hallways suddenly get another body walking amongst it and it isn't me. It's a boy with black hair with a now red going down the middle. I groan a little too loudly, knowing exactly who it is just by the sight of the hair.

When I make way to my locker and go to open it, I roll my eyes at the sight of Michael right next to me. Suddenly growing confident, I say, "Don't you know using so much bleach is bad for you? You'll have no hair before you even turn nineteen."

"Oh look! It's Luke's bitch," he snarls at me.

"I'm not his bitch," I say in response while growing angry at him.

"You sure act like you are. Ashton told me he saw you guys yesterday. I knew you were g-"

Growing irritated, I cut him off. "I'm not fucking gay and whatever Ashton is telling you or anyone isn't true."

"You're getting so defensive, so it has to be true," he responds while laughing.

Why does he find any of this funny? None of this is funny. Him and Ashton find this a game. They find invading people's personal lives entertaining when they should mind their own damn business. My sexuality doesn't concern him. It concerns no one expect me. I don't understand how Luke can have these two imbiciles as friends. I can guarantee that all they ever do is talk shit about him and he can't even see it.

"You're like putty in his hands. Just like Tyler was and still is."

"Don't compare me to fucking Tyler. I'm nothing like him."

As the words escape my lips, I slowly start to compare myself to Tyler regarding Luke and begin to see some unwanted similarities between the two of us.

"I meant what I told you last week, Calum. You should stay away from him. He isn't good, especially not to nice people like you who swear there's good in him somewhere."

"I heard what you said last week, and who are you to say he isn't good? Who are you to tell me to stay away?" I yell.

"I hate you. I hate you more than I can hate anyone. I can't figure out why, but I do. Luke feeds on people like you. He isn't capable of feeling anything serious. So, whatever the hell is going on between you two and all this sudden sneaking around, it won't last and I can guarantee you he's probably fucked or hooked up with Tyler sometime this week. Nothing he ever says is real."

My heart falls at Michael's words, knowing that he's probably right about Luke and Tyler. Something in me is telling me it isn't true, that I shouldn't believe him, but the part of me that I'm choosing to ignore is telling me Michael's dead right and bluntly honest right now. I feel conflicted and hurt because there's a huge possibility that he is right and the thought of Luke and Tyler makes my stomach churn. No matter how much I wish it didn't affect me, that he didn't affect me, it does.

I put up a front and act as if his words about Tyler rolled right over me, even though they're being repeated in my mind on loop for my own dismay.

"Yeah, you would know that seeing Luke left your ass for Tyler," I say and completely regret it. That was such a low blow even for me. If someone where to ever have said something of that to me or a long those lines, I would crumble and that's what Michael did. The toughest guy in school cracked.