Chapter 17

Both boys stood there in front of Luke's car for what could've seemed liked hours but was really a few minutes. If Michael hadn't come and stopped them, they probably would've fucked right there in front of the whole damn school. My skin began to shiver under the discomfort of such a thought. I'm still shocked that Luke fucked Tyler twice. I don't understand why. Parts of me don't want to care at all. I shouldn't give a damn if he fucks Tyler. But other parts of me do. Other parts of me just want to cry endlessly just sitting in my car thinking about it. And I don't know why. I can't feel this way and I refuse to allow myself to.

I sat in my car just staring at what was taking place in the front of the parking lot. Michael came along and practically pulled Luke off of Tyler. I smiled to myself when his action caught my eyes. For some reason, I knew Michael was my favorite in that moment. When Luke was pulled off of Tyler, he quickly patted down his clothes, putting them back down into place. He wrapped his arm around Tyler's waist and anger quickly boiled inside of me. I hate Tyler. I hate him more than I have ever hated anyone. My hands on the steering wheel finally released from the grip they held due to anger. Color returning to my knuckles, my anger was still clearly inside of me. What snapped me from my intense state of the boys in front of me was the buzz of my phone. I fumbled looking for it, forgetting which of the four pockets I actually stuck it in.

Finally when I found it, I realized it was a text message from Luke. I swiped my finger across the screen to read it. Heat immediately rose to my cheeks.

Luke; I know I'm hot, but quit staring, would ya? ;)

I looked up from my phone and to the group of boys who were in front of the school parking lot. But to my surprise, I saw a cheeky Luke grinning at me widely.

Happiness shot through me like a ray of sun, but then quickly faded when I realized he was still mad at me and his arm was still firmly on Tyler's waist. I'm assuming he caught sight of my eyes and removed his arm from Tyler's waist but still stood close. Tyler's face fell at the loss of contact and a small smile grew on mine.The group began talking, and I was way too far to hear a word they were saying. So instead of staying in my car like the sad deranged teenager I am, I decided to get out and head to my locker, not knowing at all what the day had in store for me.

LUKE'S POV

Michael is still going on and on about my birthday party. He's angry at the fact I left without notice in the middle of it and I couldn't honestly give two fucks. My eyes roam around the parking lot, scanning everyone, taking in everything in sight when suddenly before my brain can catch up, my eyes stop on a specific car. Calum's car. I see his intense stare in my direction and I wonder if he sees me looking at him.

I grab my phone and quickly send him a text. I laugh to myself when I see him scrambling for his phone. Once found, his cheeks turned a bright crimson red while he brought his gaze back up to me. I sent him a grin in return, while shaking my head. I saw the sudden emotional change in his face and shot him a puzzled look. Then it hit me. I was mad at him, pissed at him actually. God knows what the fuck he's thinking in his mind about me. But I want to know what he's thinking. But Calum's a coward. An in-denial coward and that's how he'll stay. Besides, I don't need him nor do I want him. "I beg to differ"," my mind retorts.

Suddenly, I realize what his gaze is so fixated on, my arm. My arm placed roughly around Tyler's waist. Do I see jealously? No, anger. Most definitely anger. I don't give a fuck, but something is telling my body to move my arm, so I do. Meanwhile, Michael is still yelling at me while I keep sneaking glances at Calum. I see him get out of his car and walk inside casually, probably to his locker or first period math.

My gaze on him is so intense until the the sudden movement of Michael hitting my shoulder snaps me back to reality.

"What?" I say annoyed.