Chapter 49

"We've been driving for hours, Luke. Can't you just tell me where we're going?" I ask, grabbing his iPod that's attached to the radio, skimming it for a descent song to play for the time being.

"We just got on the road, Calum. In what sense has it been hours?" Luke laughs, "and no, I'm not telling you it's only a 30-minute drive out, babe."

"Mentally, it's been hours and it will continue to be hours until we get there or you tell me where it is you're taking me," I say mockingly, rolling my eyes at the side view of his head.

"Let's play a game," I suggest, causing Luke to chuckle a bit as he places his hand on my thigh, squeezing lightingly and making me stare at him with adoration until his words snap me out of the trance.

"What game is it that we're playing, love?"

After a while of thinking, still skimming through the iPod's A artists, I stop realizing exactly what we can do to pass time during the car ride. "I'll play a song and you have to guess it? I'll just scroll randomly through artists. Okay?"

"You do realize that's my iPod that you have? I know every single song on that thing. It's like my significant other."

Looking at him, I play hurt through my facial expression at the fact a piece of metal technology is considered his significant other over me.

"Don't look at me like that!" he demands, laughing as he's pulling into another lane and then coming into a halt due to traffic as he looks at me with a slight grin.

Luke leans his body over the divider between us, kissing the frown off my lips before trailing kisses to the end of my ear, whispering, "It comes second to you, love. Everything does." He kisses my cheek, leaning back into his seat and pulling the car up a little.

I couldn't seem to wipe the goofy smile off my face at Luke's words, causing him to smile back at me for a second before looking back at the road again with the the huge smile still plastered across his face.

"Ready?" I tell him, adjusting the iPod wire into the radio after hitting play on the song.

Once the cords kicked in, I knew Luke knew the song just by the way his face lit up a little at my selections, but he didn't answer. Instead, he let the song play out a little as I leaned back into my seat, enjoying the lyrics being sung.

My ship went down in a sea of sound. When I woke up alone, I had everything.

A handful of moments, I wished I could change.

And a tongue like a nightmare that cut like a blade.

"I love you, Calum and I don't think I say it enough for you to completely ever understand."

In a city of fools, I was careful and cool.

But they tore me apart like a hurricane. A handful of moments, I wished I could change, but I was carried away.

Before the next part was sung, Luke cut in with his answer proudly, blocking out the lyrics still being played through the speakers of the radio, "Therapy by All Time Low."

"I could tell you knew that was the song by the glint in your eye," I tell him honestly.

"That song just sends a specific message to me I haven't really quite figured out yet," he tells me before commanding the next song.

The next song I selected to play hadn't even played for a minute before the wide smile crept onto Luke's face once more.

"Sleeping with Sirens. Isn't this supposed to be challenging?" he mocks and I swat at his chest.