CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1:

{JAYCE POV}

Ugghhh! Car trips with my family are definitely not my favourite thing in the world with 3 older brothers and a mini van..... No. But life is life and we are currently traveling down with our pack to a new area that we just overtook with one of the neighbouring packs. The pack that had this area last was small, but they were a potential threats to humans. Yeah.. Not good. Anyways so now we have a bigger area of land and a strong alliance between our pack and our Alpha and the neighbouring pack and their Alpha. I'm currently 17 and unmated but unlike my friends who are unmated, I don't really care. I'm a pretty independent wolf and I've always been like that so it doesn't bother me. Sure a mate would be nice, but it's not my life's duty. In my pack I have a great position. I'm still lower in ranking but I'm one of our pack warriors for battle and one of the few female warriors. Having three older brothers who are also warriors, you tend to train pretty hard and get strong, and let's face it I'm not stupid I have a eye for this kind of thing.

"Alright everyone we are about 10 minutes away now." My Dad spoke making us all quiet down. I could feel my wolf Talia getting excited but I couldn't tell why. I guess she can sense something good about this place.

As we pulled into our new land I was amazed. This place is beautiful. It had a gorgeous landscape. As we pulled further in I saw the pack house. Wow. The architecture itself was amazing but the house was massive at least 5 floors and that's only what I can see from the front.

When we pulled up I got straight out of the car feeling the fresh air surround me. Once everyone was out and about a little, my Alpha called everyone in.

"Hello everyone I hope your journeys were pleasant now we are going to the welcoming ceremony set up by the neighbouring pack, the 7 moons pack, in an hour. So feel free to wander around our land and then at 6:00 head over to the other packs land we have been welcomed to walk in freely. Now enjoy yourself I will hopefully see you later tonight." Alpha Ben said dismissing us. I decided my outfit was fine for tonight and wanted to look around the area. Right as I was about to walk away someone jumped on my back yelling "Isn't this amazing." I laughed at Lydia's antic's but agreed. "It is beautiful isnt it." I say looking at my surroundings. "Hey wanna go for a run see what's around?" Lydia asked getting off my back "Hell yes." I laughed. I looked at Lydia and started to run, then leaped changing into my wolf form in mid air Lydia doing the same next to me. Damn this was just so much fun!

We ran around for awhile occasionally messing around with each other and playing in the woods until we saw the sun was setting. We sprinted to the top of the cliff that was at the edge of our land right next to the 7 moons packs land. We sat together in our human form legs dangling over the edge, watching the sunset, looking out at the colours and how they all mix together, the blues, yellows, oranges. I loved watching sunsets they always making me think and just take a moment to look at the world. After all no two sunsets are the same.

"Welcome home." Lydia whispered even though no one was around. The sunset disappearing and the sky evolving in blackness. I stood up with a smirk on my face "Let's make it our own." I said taking off and turning into my wolf form Lydia following me knowing my thoughts.

We ran down the mountain to the 7 moons packs land. If we were gonna come this thing we were gonna make an entrance. We ran down getting close to the party, but not to close. When we were close enough to be seen but not hurt anyone we ran and jumped changing back to our human form mid air landing in a kind of handstand, immediately rolling forward then into a standing position with massive grins on our faces. People cheered and we turn to each other fist pumping with massive smirks on our faces. We heard my oldest brother James yell over the crowd "making an entrance are we!" You see Lydia and I have been friends for a long time and are pretty similar she is my closest friend and much like me she is unmated and couldn't give two fucks. So with our attitudes combined we can get into a lot of trouble but James is always there to keep us in control...... kinda. He's a tad over protective of both of us he treat lana like a sister. James walked up to us slightly chuckling. "That one was good but now you need a better one." We laughed along with him, even though he was tight on us he always knew how to have fun.

"Wanna go get a drink." I asked Lydia.

"Yeah let's go." she smiled.

As we walking closer to the refreshments table I smelt something. It smelt so good! It was like....mint and.....cinnamon? Yeah! mint and cinnamon. As we got closer it got stronger. Then I found myself walking towards the scent. Lydia turn to me and asked "What are you doing idiot drinks are that way?" She laughed pointing to the refreshments table.

"I can... I can smell something." I said before walking off, Lydia still not far behind me. I found myself walking towards a guy with jet black hair. He turned around once I was close and I looked into his green eyes. All I could hear was Talia screaming, 'Mate! mate! mate!' Over and over again. Within an instant I heard him call "MATE!!!" and within seconds I was wrapped in his arms yet still looking into his beautiful eyes. "Hi" I whispered I saw him smile. It was beautiful. He was beautiful.
"Hi." He replied " I'm Michael." My mouth grew to a smile.

"Im Jayce."

A/N Chapter 1 up and ready. Hope you like it and leave a comment telling us what you think.

Please feel free to point out any grammatical or punctuation errors. thanks!

-Jess & Lana