CHAPTER 12

CHAPTER 12

(Jayce POV)

I woke up next to Michael as usual and cuddle into him more as he groaned slightly, opening his eyes which immediately fell on me. "Morning" He's husky morning voice spoke after a moment. "Morning" I replied with a smile.

Our relaxed demeanor was broken when a shrill scream sounded from downstairs. I looked alarmed at Michael before we both shouted "CARA" and threw the covers off running downstairs to find a very frazzled and confused Cara rushing around downstairs. Seconds later Ashton was beside her trying to calm her down. She shoved him off and screamed at him before curling into a corner in fear muttering to herself about how he was a wolf with sharp teeth and how it all wasn't real, "It couldn't be real."

"Cara, honey?" I ask softly stepping towards her. She looked up to me with tears in her eyes and dry tear marks down her cheeks. "Jayce" she spoke softly "Are you all werewolves?" I nodded kneeling down next to her. "Am I one to now?" She asks once again.

"Yes, honey" I answer still in a soft gentle tone.

"Am I gonna be ok?" she looks at me with a mix of hope and fear in her eyes.

"Yes" I assured her "Just stay with us" I said smiling at her. She crawled closer to me and I wrapped my arms around her pulling her close to me and patting her hair soothingly "Will you look after me?" She asked softly after a couple minutes. "Always"

I had read about this before, often new wolfs will latch onto a close female in the pack or more often the Luna. They will seek protection and approval from them more than the alpha, pack or even their own mate. The Luna or trusted female would act like a mother to them.

------------

After hours of me comforting Cara but now on the couch, I was finally able to get her to spend time with Ashton even though she just moved from my arms to his, i need to go with Michael to a meeting with the other Alpha. But I'm worried for Cara, everyone takes the change differently so it's normal but when she's in this state she needs to be with someone she trust and because Ash turned her she may not trust him.

----------

Michael and I walked into the meeting at my old pack house with his arm around me. We sat down and we began. I wasn't really needed it was just protocol and showing the strength of the pack. The pack is strongest when they have a Luna and mates are strongest when together, so it shows my support and faith in the pack to come to all meetings with the Alpha.

When I entered my old alpha looked at me oddly then approached us and asked me "Why are you here you are no Alpha and no Luna?" Michael growled at his words and held me protectively at his side." She is my luna and you will not speak to her with such disrespect!" Michael said each word dripping with venom. "She is no Luna I see no mark on her neck." He spat back.

" I see no reason for us to continue if you cannot respect my Luna no we have not mated yet but there is still time and we don't feel the need to rush, now we continue with my LUNA here or I leave with her." the opposing Alpha looked scared of Michael's words, they are a strong pack and a fine ale and I am proud to be the Luna of his pack. "Fine she stays." he sighed sitting down defeated. Michael smiled at me triumphantly and pulled me closer whispering in my ear "I will always fight for you." Before leaving a soft kiss on my temple.

As the meeting went on I grew worried and I could feel Michael getting worried also as we discussed the threat of hunters finding us. There have been skeptical people before but now there have been a few sightings a couple miles outside of our perimeter so we are all going on to high alert.

A/N

Hey guys this is the double update for 1k.

Thanks so much we are so grateful to all of you for reading and i can't wait to keep writing for you all.

Love

Jess

&

Lana