CHAPTER 24

CHAPTER 24

MICHAEL POV

I wake up to darkness surrounding me. Sounds about right. I grunt and groan sitting up before I was blinded by light. I look around me noticing my mum behind me walking away from the light switch.

Yes, I'm still sleeping on the couch.

"Michael" mum says with sadness running through her eyes. I know she misses Jayce as well, mum loves her and I know it breaks her to see me in my current state. "Honey maybe you should go up to your room and get some real sleep in a real bed" I now she's just trying to help but there's no way I'm sleeping in our bed, not alone.

I shake my head at her, I'm past the point of speaking now I can barely form words let alone sentences, I can barely feel Daniel anymore it's like he's retracting from me. She places her hand on the side of my head and looks at me with her motherly eye's "I know you're hurting more than any of us but you can't do this to yourself you have to be strong..... For her." She tells me. I nod my head.

I'm exhausted from the emotionally draining day or 10 minutes....

It's time to go back to sleep.

-----------

I wake up rapidly from the nightmares that haunt my sleep. Without, her it's impossible to get rest.

I realize I'm comfortable. Why? I feel around me still too tired to open my eyes, I'm on a bed and the smell of Jayce is near. I snap my eyes open praying that she has come home and I can hold her in my arms and keep her from the world. But she is not here. I sit up and look around the room trying to find her, but I'm once again disappointed at the sight before my eye's.

I look to my lap in despair to discover I'm on the futon in the office and I'm covered in Jayce's fluffy black blanket that she keeps in here for when she wants to sleep while I work. Tears prick at my eyes and quickly fill them as the memories of the blanket swallow me up.

"MIKKEEYYYY" Jayce yells gracefully and sleepily walking in my door closing once she's inside. "Whhaaattt" I jokingly mock her.

"I sleepy," she says like a child, which she does often as she gets tired. " Then go to bed silly," I say as she sits in my lap and I wrap my arms around her and pull her against me. "But you're not there," she says in a small voice looking up at me. I sigh and place her on the couch walking back into our room and grabbing her favorite blanket off the end of the bed. It's fluffy and snuggly and she loves it to relax with. I take it to her in my office and lay her down with her head on some couch cushions and covering her in the blanket completely. Only for her to turn on her side and cocoon herself in it. "Comfy?" I ask and she nods back with a sleepy smile. I kneel in front of her and play with her hair lightly until she falls asleep. I watch her for a moment before walking back to my chair and working.

I never got much done though I was too busy watching her in her most peaceful state. I wish I could go back to that moment.... And stay their..... Forever.