CHAPTER 15

CHAPTER 15

(JAYCE POV)

"Hey Ash." I yell as I wander down the stairs.

"Not in here. " Luke yells as I find my way into the kitchen. "Wheres Michael?" Luke questions.

"Do I have to be beside him every second of every day?" I question back.

"Sure seems like it, he hasn't left your side all week."

"I know, I know. He's protective what am I supposed to do?" I question back raising my hands.

"Stay with him so he doesn't send the whole pack into a frenzy thinking you're missing." He answers back smartly. I pout at him as he smiles.

"JAYCE!!" We hear Michael yell from upstairs.

"Told you!" Luke smirks pointing a finger at me. I roll my eyes at him and his childish behavior.

"Hide me." I say as I run into the butler's cupboard and listen to the conversation between Luke and Michael. "Hey Luke, you seen Jayce?" Michael questions curiously.

"Nah mate thought she was with you. Why?" Luke answers, acting curious of my disappearance.

"She wants to go on a perimeter run and I don't think that's smart, then she ran down here to do god knows what but I hope she hasn't left yet." Michael replies slightly anxious and slightly annoyed, looking around the room for signs of me.

"Well if she came this direction I would know but haven't seen her. I'll make sure to keep an eye out." Luke says like the great beta he is.

"Ok, thanks man" Michael replies. I hear his feet running off so I exit the pantry.

"So that's why you're hiding. Someone doesn't want Michael to know where they are going." Luke say with a smirk playing on his lips.

"Wipe that off and tell me where Ash is or I'll call Lyds down and you won't like what I'll tell her." I said forcefully.

"You wouldn't. I would tell Michael where you are plus she wouldn't believe you over me." He said smiling like he'd won but oh was he wrong.

"Really she wouldn't believe her best friend, sister, and Luna?" I pressed taking a step forward and straightening up. Luke's smiled dropped and he gulped before saying. "Ash should be down any minute he was down here just before you getting breakfast before his perimeter run." As Luke finished I gave him a look that told him he was off the hook. I walked to the couch in the living area and sat down waiting for Ash. Less than five minutes later Ash came running down the stairs, I ran up to him. "I'm coming with you." I said with a bright smile, not asking for his permission or opinion and he knew that.

"Yeah alright. Now let's go before Michael gets here. " He said opening the door as we heard footsteps and someone calling for me. he obviously hear the commotion from downstairs when he was getting ready. "Yeah let's go now!" I said sprinting out the door and to the perimeter of the land, Ash in tow.

"Wait!" Ash calls and I immediately stop not knowing why.

"Why." I ask confused.

"I heard something." He says obviously trying to listen. I stop and listen intently to my surroundings and I hear it. Soft mutters, cracking of branches under heavy boots and the constant click of bullets moving inside a gun as someone walks. "Hunters!!" We both say quietly, even though they are at least 10 miles away, and have no chance of hearing us. "That's it. No more mucking around we have to go tell Michael and get you somewhere safe!" Ashton says more serious than I've ever seen him. "But I'm fine-" I try to interject but he just scoops me up and throws me over his shoulder running back to the pack house.

MICHAEL POV

'Bad new's buddy' I hear Ash through the pack telepathy. ' What! Is it Jayce?! Is she hurt?!' I start to panic frantically looking for an answer. 'No she fine I'm with her but we found something you're not gonna like.' He replies. 'What?' I growl.

"Hunters."

A/N

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update I've been super busy but I'm hoping to update Friday this week.

Also on another note THANKS FOR 1.4K READS!!!!!!  HOLY SHIT THAT SO MANY!!! thanks so much for reading our book even though it's pretty shitty but i'm trying.

vote and comment =)

Jess

&

Lana