Chapter 3

The end of another day. Its been a week since James and Jane has been dealing with the awkward situation but though they're friendship grew. But somehow James got a feeling that Jane was avoiding her, when they would bump into the halls, when James was about to say something... jane would just smile and walk away. Now, it the end of a week.

Jane looked at the sky. She dazed off onto the grey sky. The students already rushed out, opening their umbrella's and wearing their hoodies. Jone's eyes widened as she remmbered something. "Oh, no. The book!" She gasp and ran back to the library.

She dashed in and grabbed the book she left on the table, as she was about to go out as she opened the door. He stood infront of her, his eyes lightly widened. "Jane," James whispered. "Why are you still here? The library's gonna be closed in 5 minutes. I'm just checking if some students are still here." Jane felt her heart thump deep. "Oh, I just grabbed my book. I left it on the table." Jane said, she looked into James' eyes. 'Beautiful' James thought in his mind. The rain grew stronger and a sound of lightning boomed. Jane jumped.

"The weather is awfully bad. Do you have a car?" James asked. Jane's lips parted gently, a bit stunned. "No." Jane answered and gulped. James gave a half smile. "I've got a car. I could drive you home." James offered. Jane chuckled, "You don't have to." She answered. "Its no problem actually, let's just say its another token of appreciation for saving my life. Please, Jane?." James said. Jane inhaled deep, she could see the kindness in James' eyes, how could she not resist? "Okay, Sir" Jane answered in a bit of tease. James chuckled. His chuckle that seemed like a smooth melody in Jane's ears.

James grabbed his umbrella. There were no students left already andit was almost gettingdark as they got out of the parking lot. The rain was still strong. "One, two, three" James said as he took a step, he held Jane beside him. Jane held James. They walked through the rain, going to James' car. As a gentleman, James opened the door of Jane. As Jane got in, James moved to the other side to get in the driver's seat. "Where do we go?" James said as he closed the car door. Jane said her address, yeah it didn't seem that  quite awkward she trust James.

As James drove, the moment was just in silence. James didn't like too much silence, it reminded him of his his house before after his Mother died. James turned on the radio, the song playing was 'Iris by Goo Goo Dolls'  It was one of Jane's favorite songs. Her eyes were on James now, James glanced at her. She looked away. Stoplight. "Oh, I remember." James began. He grabbed something at the back seat. It was Jane's coat. James wrapped it around Jane. "Better?" James asked. He saw Jane shiver awhile ago. That's why he didn't turn on the aircondition. Jane smile and nodded. "Better."  . Green light goes.  James drove.

"So, Jane. How's it been?" James asked. "Its great, you?" Jane answered. James glanced at her, Jane's eyes lit up a little bit. In the darkness, James thought Jane was his light. A soft eeling rose to him. "What?" Jane asked. "Oh," James flinched. "Nothing, I'm fine." James answered shacking his head. Jane chuckled, "YOu should seriously watch the road." Jane said. "Yeah." James answered and smiled. He traveled his hand to his hair. Jane looked at the road. 

The rain settled as they got to Jane's house. "Well, good night?" James breathed out. "Goodnight. Thank you, James." Jane answered. Before she opened the door, James got out and opened it for her. They were out now, on the cold. "Jane are you avoiding me?" James asked. Jane gulped, "No." Lie. She was avoiding him, because she was afraid of the fact that she may like James and that she'd be left broken again. James raised her chin to look at her eyes.

There was a bit of caution. "Why? Why are you doing this?" Jane asked. James looked into the sky and inhaled. Jane knew there ws somthing going on. "Because," James began and looked at Jane. "You make me feel, alive again." James answered. "You know that..." Jane chocked. "I know," James answered. James knew that it can never be. "But that doesn't mean I'm stopping this. I'm not stopping what I feel for you, Jane." Jane curled her lips, her eyes were getting wet. When something so absoloutly perfect comes but it comes in the wrong time sucks. That's how they feel.

"I gotta go." Jane answered and walked away. "Wait!" James called out and pulled Jane in his arms. Jane's heart jumped. James took offf his glasses. Slowly, James pressed his soft cold lips on Jane. Jane held James' face. The heat and the rush grew and rose, the moment burned up the coldness. They looked into each others eyes. "Sir..." Jane started. James gave a guilty look. "Sorry, Jane. Uhm, I gotta go Have a good night" James said and walked into his car. Jane exhaled deeply and ran inside her door. "James!!!" James exclaimed and face palmed himself.

As James got home, still he couldn't stop but to feel bad about it. He didn't want to do it to Jane but something pushed him, a feeling. James drank another glass of wine as he sat on the couch infronf the fire place . "Getting drunk again?" Lex got in. James chuckled. "No, just thinking of many things." James sigh. "Well, whatever it is. You'll get through it. Your stronger than you thought." Lex answered and went upstairs. Lex was right.

"Jane?" her aunt called out from the kitchen. Jane jumped and touched her lips. "Yeaaah?" Jane asked. "What do you want for dinner?" her Aunt Grace asked. "Anything. Your food is always good. I gotta go upstairs now." Jane answered and ran upstairs. Jane went inside her room and close the door behind her. She looked outside her window, at that time James drove off. Jane touched her lips. She could still feel the warmth. Jane walked infront of he mirror her cheeks were still red. She garbbed her journal.

Dear Journal,

                   Hey, its me again. It has been a cray week. And this day is unbelieveable. He kissed me. I can't stop thinking about it, ohhh I'm so-Ugh! Okay, I don't want to talk about it any more. Goodnight. God bless!

                                                                                                                                                                 ~Jane G.

Jane closed her Journal and curled her lips.