Chapter 5

~Jane's POV

He was mine now and I wouldn't want it in any other way. I finally found a man whom I could try, he freed me. I still get scared sometime though. In class sometime, we just look at each other and smile. I'm afraid some might notice.  "James don't." I say to him as he held me in his hands. I think I heard some students passing by. James looks at me "Sorry" he answers. He picks up my bag. "Lets go? I'll drive you home." James was trying to keep up to me. And he understood me but I just can't help myself to be dissappointed seeing him hurt. "James" I whisper pulling him to me. "Have your friends asked you about us?"James asked. "To be honest yes. But I just told them you were tutoring me." I answered. James gave a sigh and kissed my forehead. "I'm sorry for making this hard for you." James answered as he held my hand. "Look at me," I said holding his face closer to me "I'm choosing you. I love you. You're my teacher yes. But You're also the man my heart choose." I answered. James gave me a grin. James opened the door and we walked going to the parking lot. James and I aren't making out or just kissing everyday in the classroom, he also teaches me aobut the lessons and corrects me about my mistakes on the test or exams. I appreciate him doing it to me.

~James' POV

After taking Jane home Lex wanted to talk to me privately. So I went back to school to his office.

I take a seat on the couch in his office as Lex sat beside me. "You know its been a long time since you saw your dad." Lex answered. "Filex please." I muttered. Lex looked at me seriously. Its been a long time since someone called Lex by his real name, Lex has his own dark story. "The point is. He's been looking for you, James." Lex answered. My father? look for me? "Impossible." I tried to force a bubble of laughter. "I'm not making this up. Would you seriously think that I would be joking like this?" Lex was serious I knew he was. The look on his eyes says it al. I shook my head. "You're dad's dying, James. he needs you now. Especially Hayley." Lex explained.

Hayley, my sister. My half sister. I never actually got the chance to meet Hayley in person. But I saw a picture of her once on facebook. "They still have the same address, James. If you won't go for your father. Atleast do it for Hayley, you're the only family she has left." Lex said. "Only? How about Aunt Julie?"I asked. There was a moment of silence. Lex looked at me straight with abit of sadness "She died a year ago, James. Your dad has cancer." Lex explained. I seriously didn't know what to say. Many emotions were rushing to me. I tried to fight my tears but they just came rolling in. "What?" I flinched. I got up. The memories flashed back. Every bit of it. "I'll go." I answer before walking away as I open the door. "Thanks, Lex" I whisper. I could feel Lex give me a pat on the shoulder.

As I walked away, I couldn't stop but to think of myfather as I sit near the fire place. i can't imagine what pain Hayley might be going through. How hard everything must have been gor her. I couldn't help but to throw the glass of wine into the flames, dissappointed. Even as a brother I screw up. That's why, I'm changing this. I getting Hayley, I'm done seeing people hurt the way I was. Mom and Jane told me to fight and damn right I am. I don't care if I have to face my father. My father has screwed up but so have I. Somehow, I'm just like my father.