Chapter 31

~Jane's POV

All I heard were voices and I couldn't open my eyes well. All I saw were flashes of lights and everything was just a complete blur. "Don't let her die, please save her! Please!" I heard a man's voice. I knew what he was saying but his voice seemed to be mixed up with the other people talking around me.

Where was he? James?

I struggled to move mouth open to speak but all I felt was numb. I could barely breath. "She's lost too much blood!" I heard an exclaim. "Jane, can you hear me? Jane please fight for me. Hold on, Jane."  it was thats man's voice again. Somehow, I knew it was James. 'I will hold on for you.' I though in my mind.

(A/N: "Before you go on. I just want you to know that what ever you will read next will have something else in store. Don't panic. Oh, play at the video after you read this")

I opened my eyes. James sat right on my bed beside me. The whole atmosphere seemed so blurry but I could see James' face as clear as a crystal. James gave me an angelic smile. "Where are we?" I asked. "We're at the hospital." James directly answered.

I wanted to just wrap him around my arms and hold him the tightest hold ever. We were safe and alive. Nothing could keep us apart now. "Jane," James began to speak as his hand cupped my cheek. I looked into his eyes. "Jane, I'm not gonna stay much longer okay?" James added.

"What?" I reacted directly. James just stared into my eyes. James moved himself closer to me and kissed my lips slowly. I believed that suddenly I was in heaven, being with James is like heaven.

"Jane, I love you. You are by far the greatest thing that ever happened to me." James said as he held my face.

"What are you saying, James?"

James half smiled. "Being loved by you, you Jane Gray. Its like everything feels complete, Jane. because of you." Tears slowly streamed down his face. I could feel James' hands slip from my face. I reached out my hands and held James' hands as it was still pressed on my face.

"James, the universe doesn't control us." I whispered.

James reached out and wrapped me around his arms and he tilted his head as he kissed my forehead.

"I love you, James." I answered.

"I love you more, Jane." James answered.

James' fingers slipped away from mine. "No, don't leave me here." I answered. James stood beside my bed as his finger tips moved on my face. "You are my life." James whispered.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Don't worry, I'll comeback. I just have to finish somethings first. Okay? Now, when I leave I want you to rest and wake up again as happy." I could not properly read the expression on James' face but I could sense that there was something wrong. I gave James a nod. "Okay, as long as you'll comeback. Stay safe." I answered.

Before James left he stole another kiss from me and whispered...

"I promise."

As James opened the door he quickly gave me a glance and left.

∞~∞~∞~∞~∞

"James?" my eyes slowly opened again. "She's awake!" I heard Hayley's voice. I fixed my vision and concentrated. Hayley stood on my right and Lex on my left side. As my aunt came to me wrapping me around her arms gently. "Oh, Jane!" My aunt sobbed. I couldn't help but to cry. I looked at their faces and felt the best feeling inside of me. "Lex, you're okay." I said. "I am. After a week." Lex answered.

I felt like my world suddenly freeze. "A week? what do you mean?" I asked. My aunt got up and moved beside Hayley. No one gave me a response. Instead, they exchanged glances. "Answer me." I demanded an answer.

"You had a coma, for one week, Jane." My Aunt answered. If only I could laugh it off but they were just so serious. "Where's James then?" I asked. Lex moved closer to me. "He's... He's...Gone." Lex answered.

"What are you talking about?" I exclaimed. I raised my body to sit up straight as Lex helped me. I looked into Lex's eyes. I heard Hayley's cries. "This isn't---No! James and I just had a talk yesterday! He said he's comeback!" I cried out. "Jane, relax please. You just woke up." My aunt said. Even my aunt was crying now.

I didn't want to believe them. How could James be dead? "What are you talking about?" I reacted. Lex tried to fight his cries buttears already streamed down his face. "No!" I exclaimed. My hands were on my dextrox as I removed them from me wrist. "Jane stop!" Lex exclaimed. I pushed Lex away from me as I got up from the bed.

James can't die, he promised me!

Before I could even make it out of the door Lex was already holding both of my arms.

"Let me go! Just let me go!" I cried out. Lex slowly slipped his hands away from me. My body crashed on the wall. I shaked my head again and again as I cried. I looked at their faces as they just stared at me with their tears streaming from their eyes. "No! James. James, you promised me! You promised me you won't leave me." I cried out.

I just felt empty. Like my humanity had just been taken away from me. How could James do this to me?

"You lied to me!" I continued to cry. Lex came closer to me and wrapped me around his arms. I couldn't stop myself to cry, I couldn't stop throwing my hands around. "Please comeback to me..." I whispered. I felt my body just shrink and freeze. Why did he have to go like this? Why him? Why not me?