Chapter 6

~Jane's POV

I decided to make my project at school. Well, I lost the internet connection at my house. So, school is the only place I have left to think. I wouldn't want to bother my friends though, all of us have ur own projects to deal with.

After a few minutes. After a few clicks. BOOM! Finished! It was still like 3PM though and I told my mom I'd be home by 6 after I look for some school supplies.

I safety removesd my USB and thanked the person incharged and walked off.

"James you don't have to go if you don't want too!" I hear a shout outside halls. It was Lex's voice. "I want to go!" I heard an answer.I heard a huge slam on the door.  I opened the door, I saw James going down stairs. "James!" I called out. James froze, his eyes were full of tears just swelling. "Jane" James called out and walked toward me wrapping me around his arms.

We went inside his car. There was just tension swamming around us. "What happened?" I asked. James rubbed his face, making it red. "I just," James started. James took off his glasses and hanged it on his shirt neck collar. "Its my dad. He has cancer and now he needs me. My half sister Hayley need me too." I gasp. I never imagined suddenly this would happen. Could james take this? "Hey, I'm here for you." I said as I reached out and hld his hand. James held tighter and gave a smile. "I know. What do you think I should do?" James asked me. james gave out a sigh. I couldn't imagine what he could be feeling now. But I knew what he had to do. "You should face your father. After all these years, I know you love him and he loves you. He need you, James and yeah he may not have been the best father but he tried to be atleast a father to you and he may not have been there, but he never left you starving." I explained. James looked blankly outside the car window. I heard his breathing get deeper and deeper. His hand suddenly cupped my face and kissed my forehead. He closed his forehead on mine and looked into my eyes and breathed. "You're right. But please come with me?" James said. I gave out a smile, "Of course I would." I answered. James held my face so softly.

James turned on the engine and drove. The travel only took about 20 minutes, we had a fun singing  with the songs on the radio. The way his vice sounded, wow he has real talent. "I never knew you could sing." I said and grinned. James chuckled.

James stopped the car. "We're here." James breathed out.

We both got out of the car. He held my hand as we got infront of the house that he pointed. It was such a beautiful house with a shade of white and blue. It had a huge backyard and a balcony. James knocked on the door. I felt my heart beat fast.

~James' POV

As I knocked on the door, I felt the shivers just run through every bit of me. And as it opened it was like my soul floated out form my body. Stood infont of me and Jane, was such a beautiful girl. She had red hair with soft curls, green eyes and pale skin. "Yes?" She asked softly. My lips parted but I didn't know what to say. "My name is Jane and this is James." Jane said. "My name is Hayley." The red haired girl answered. She is Hayley and she looks like dad so much. "I'm James Henry Summers." I answered. Suddenly, tears began to swell in Hayleys eyes. I tried my best to fight off my own tears. "Please come inside." Hayley said.

As we got inside everything just came flashing back into my mind. Nothing really changed that much. That's the worst part. Nothing really changed. "Dad is upstairs in his room. Just go there." Hayley said. "I'll just stay here" Jane said. "I'll keep here company."Hayley said and smiled.

I opened the door and I saw him there, lying on his bed. Weak, pale and some parts of his hair began to turn gray already.