Chapter 36

I got out of Lex's car and took a deep breath. What was happening? I know I couldn't do this. "Jane I love you." I heard a voice. Lex stood a few meters away from me. "What?" I choked. Lex took a deep breath and walked a few steps closer to me. I felt my heart beat like crap. "Lex, you know that you can't-" I paused as he held my hand. I tried to shake him off but he wouldn't let me go.

"Can you feel this?" He asked. I feel everything on that very moment. And I didn't want to. It felt like a short ouching pain scared my heart. I closed my eyes and pulled myself together. "Lex, I cant okay?" I answered. I slowly opened m eyes and all I could see was Lex that was always there for me from the beginning. "Jane... If only you knew... If only you knew how much bliss you give to me day by day everytime that I see your smiling face. The way that you are is just... light. You're like a light in the dark that gives so much hope."

I was speechless, amazed and breath taken. I don't know what to do, everything is just happening so fast and... James. "I just wish I could give you what you deserve." Lex added. As he came closer to me I could feel the warmth of his lips press onto my forehead. "I'm sorry for making you confused. Or that I'm rushing. I just felt like you needed to know." Lex said as he cupped my face. I needed to talk.

"For the past years I only thought about James and that I had no right to love anyone else because I know I don't deserve to be loved because of all the pain I've caused." I explained.

"No, don't think that way."

"But I do feel that way. I feel like I it was my fault why James died and even though Eric wasn't that good I knew he did all of that because of love... They died because of me!"

"It was meant to be, Jane!"

"And if I let you in my life I might lose you too!"

"I'm already in your life and I won't leave you."

Lex wrapped his arms around me.