Chapter 32

"And did they ever meet again Ms. Jane?" Griffin asked me.

Story telling with my students aren't really easy. But they were all waiting for my answer. "No. Jane never met Jane since then. Jane sometimes thinks that James is really dead. Remember guys, they aren't real people okay?" I answered.

In a blink, almost all the the students in class raised their hands to ask me a question but to my relief the bell rang.

"So, thank you for listening to the story. And that's the last okay? The lesson in the story is mainly about... Love and sacrifice. I wan't you to make an essay about it okay? 7 paragraphs." I announced to them and went out of the classroom with a smile.

It has been 5 years since James' death. And after garduating I decided to start my own way and moved to NYC and worked there for 4 years. Then I went back to this place, the place where James and I first met.  The truth is no one in the whole town knew what was James' real death because Lex made sure it would be confidential. Only Lizel and Sammy knew.

Right now I'm actually working as a teacher in another school here in town.

*Loud ringtone*

I suddenly jumped as my pone rang. Suddenly all the people looked at me. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and looked for a silent place to answer the call. Janitor's closet.

"Hello? Who is this?" I answered.

"Jane," The voice began to say. My eyes widened in surprise. After how many years... I can't believe he's back. It took me a few seconds to respond.

"Lex! Lex! You're finally back?" I couldn't help but to tear because of joy. Lex is actually one of the reasons why I continued to follow my dreams. After James' death I could even barely concentrate in class or even sleep in my room because allI thought was James.

"Yeah, I'll be home in a few minutes or so. Please meet me at the airport? I'll just give you another call." Lex answered.

"Sure, sure. Hayley is really gonna be surprised!" I answered.

"Yeah, she will be. So, how's it been? I miss you're craziness!" Lex said and laughed.

"Still the same!" We laughed.

"But Jane... How has it really been? And the truth this time."

I inhaled deep.

Am I really okay? But to kind of think of it I am okay. I'm living my dreams, I'm happy but I remember James being a part of my dream to. I wish he was beside me now, teaching students with me, driving home late with me, drinking coffee with me and just having a family with me. But I don't see that ever happening anymore.

"Yeah, I'm okay. It's been years right? And hey... If James were here he wouldn't want me to be sad right?" I answered.

"Yeah, he wouldn't."

"How are you then?"

"I'm fine, thank God."

"Have you found the right girl yet?" I teased.

Lex laughed. "No, but maybe I'll find her when I get back." Lex answered.

"I hope you do." I answered.

"Hey, I gotta go now Jane. We're almost landing in a few minutes." Lex answered.

"Okay, I'll go to the airport now." I answered then ended the call.