Chapter 25

~Jane's POV

James and Lex hadn't talked ever since then. Prom is just 3 weeks from now and I'm actually nervous. If only James could ask me out to the prom but he can't.

I gotta face that reality though. Right now I'm just actually in school, listening to the lesson our teacher in English is discussing. Some exams are fast approaching and I totally need to study. 'Ring! Ring! Ring!'  There goes the bell and I need to go home early today I told James I would.

I fixed my things and walked downstairs. Something made me stop. There was a sudden noise inside Lex's office. It seemed to be like laughter. I rather not bother them maybe it's James and Lex.

~Lex's POV

"You're still hilarious, Lex." Eric laughed. "So, how's it been after 2 years?" I asked.  There was a sudden change in expression on his face. Sort of frustration bulided up to him.

"It's been... I shall say, I've been copping." Eric answered. "Copping?" I repeated his word. "Yes, copping. I'm finidng a girl. My ex actually." Eric explained. Eric's breath grew louder. "Who?" I asked. I couldn't understand it but my body quite shivered.

It seemed like I asked the wrong question. "Her name is Jane, Jane Grey." Eric answered.

I felt a sort of rush rise to my lungs. I wish I didn't asked Eric that question. All along Jane was the girl Eric shot, Eric is the man who ruined Jane's life.

They can't go back together. I have this fear that James might get involved in this in someway. And I pretty have my bet on it that Eric has something to do with what happened to James.

I won't let anyone hurt my brother. Jane and James need to know this. "Lex?" Eric called my attention. "Oh, yes." I forced a smile. What a small world.