Chapter 27 [Give Me Love]

~Lex's POV

"Give me love like never before,

'Cause lately I've been craving more,

And it's been a while but I still feel the same,

Maybe I should let you go."

I've always been amazed by that song by Ed Sheeran, give me love.

As I stay here in the Gym watching as the graduates and Juniors practice their prom. I'm keeping my promise to James that I am going to protect Jane whatever happens. Where is James anyway? The Prom is actually just 2 weeks away and one more month and school is over for them. I wonder where I am going. I want to teach again; I wanna be a professor in this university. But whoam I gonna give the university to take care of? James? No, James wants to be a professor too.

After prom practice was over, it was already 7PM. It was really getting dark though. As I went outside the main entrance I saw Jane standing looking at the streets. "Jane." I whispered. Jane turned around a bit surprised. She gave me a wave and smiled at me. I walked beside her "Jane, you should just ride with me. I'll take you home, don't worry." I offered. Jane flinched "Are you sure?" She asked. "I'm sure," I answered. "Just wait here, I'll get my car." Jane gave me a nod.

As I got my car, I opened the door for her. As she got in and I drove I could sense something was wrong. the look on her face seemed like her day has been really quite cloudy and everything has been rough. I wanted to help her. "Jane," I called her attention as she looked outside the window. She looked at me "Are you okay? Be honest." I said. Jane gave a sigh "No, I'm not okay. I'm not okay. I feel like it's my fault that I'm bringing James into further pain. His life might me in danger because of me and everyone around me too, also you and Hayley. I couldn't take that. Eric, I know him. He won't stop." Jane explained. Jane curled her lips and looked at me with a bit of frustration.

"Don't worry, Jane. This is not your fault, you faught. You're strong and you're brave. Anyone could have died with Eric, but loom at you now. Listen, we're here to help you because we love you." I answered. I felt a certain flinch in my heart. That word 'LOVE' to be honset I haven't said that to any girl since like 10 years ago and it seems so new to me. The way the word just flushes into me. "Thank you." I heard Jane say. "Have you ever been in love?" Jane suddenly asked. "Yes, I've been." I answered directly. She was waiting for an explanation. "It's been rough, well James had a rough relationship too before. You should ask him. As what James used to say, love is pointless and overrated. But see where he is now, he loves you so much. It makes me wonder how much he can take." I explained. there was curiousity on Jane's face.