Chapter One

Jane was wiping the tears from her eyes. As she opened them Jane stared onto the beautiful city lights, the sky that seemed so perfect as the moon beamed brightly. Her lips slowly parted as she inhaled deeply the cold air that softly blew towards her. This was the only place that Jane felt more herself, it was the only place Jane could think more calmly.

Jane slowly closed her eyes and she raised her arms and spun around the place as if she was a princess. As ridiculous as it may seem, she felt free. "Oh, Jane." she said to herself and froze. She chuckled and shaked her head.

Suddenly, Jane froze and gasp as she saw this man standing at the edge, he seemed drunk and was about to jump. Jane's hands were shaking. She didn't know what to do exactly.

But she wanted to do something before the man could even move an inch. Jane ran behind him. "Don't jump!" Jane shouted reaching her hands out. "What?" she heard a soft whisper.

The man turned his head at Jane and looked at her. He shaked his head and rubbed his eyes to see more clearly. "Please Sir, don't jump. Whatever your going through, this isn't right. You'll get through this, you got one life. Please don't jump!" Jane exclaimed. Jane reached to him.

"I'm James...Uhhh... Help" James answered. His voice a bit drowsy. Suddenly, his knees felt weak. His eyes slowly closed and in a flash Jane caught him in her arms and held him tight. Jane felt relief, she felt like a hero.

As she held his face, he was freezing cold, quickly Jane took off her long brown coat and moved James' arms and fit it in him.

Jane slowly sat on the ground still holding James. His eyes slowly opened, his grey eyes seemed to lit up as he saw Jane. Jane was somehow captivated by James' eyes. There was this moment. Somehow, James was in pain. She could see it in his eyes.

"What's missing?! I don't know what's wrong!" James sobbed. Jane felt James' sadness in his voice, he could also feel the pain in his eyes it seemed like she was looking in front of a mirror. She saw herself.

"You're never gonna find what's missing if you're just gonna give up too quickly." Jane answered.

As soft smile formed on James' face. Flashes of memories came into his head, the last words that his mother said to him. What Jane said, gave an alarm to his head and especially to his heart.

Jane felt an alarm also, something that spoke to her made her realize lots of things. She felt like she finally found the answers.

"Thank you." James said. Trying to fix himself. James slowly pulled his phone from his pocket and dialled a number and called. "Lex, I'm here at Ellie Shoun rooftop building." he ended the call and placed his phone back into his pocket and stared into Jane's eyes and smiled.

"I need to bring you to the hospital," Jane said. James' eyes slowly dropped. "James." James was very good looking which bothered Jane, asking herself why a good looking handsome guy would end up in a rooftop drunk? Jane guessed there are lots of things she doesn't know about.

         "Am I dead?" James unconsciously whispered. As he opened his eyes a beam of light greeted him. He looked around the room. He got the idea that he was in the hospital and he was.

"You're not dead." Lex replied as he got up and stood where James could see him beside him. Lex looked quite disappointed as he looked at James and James could see and sense it in Lex. James placed his hands on his palms, feeling guilty.

Lex's eyes were forest green that just looked James in concern.
"Lex, I'm so sorry. Seriously, I am." James answered. James was serious this time. Lex bit his lip and paced twice. He stopped and gave James a short smile, "Atleast you're okay. But James...," James pulled himself up and leaned on the bed.

"Don't ever do something reckless like that again." Lex said to James seriously.

"I owe you, big time." James answered and looked at Lex. Lex's lips suddenly curved mysteriously and softly chuckled. "Well, I need huge help." Lex groaned. James new some how that this was coming.

"What do you need?" James asked. Pressure rising under him. He doesn't know what to expect.

"I need you to be a Math teacher in the school, Gretta had to move out. I'm not forcing you though." Lex said, but in his eyes he really wanted James to say yes. James' eyes widened, he didn't see that coming.

"Woah," James softly gasp. He had to do this, after everything Lex did for him this was the only way he could seriously pay back. James has been teaching for 2 years already and he was quite good at teaching Literature and Mathematics.

He just had to stop because he had lots of things going onto his mind. But James thought that maybe this was it, the big opportunity he has to grab. James nodded at Lex. Lex chuckled and gave a pat at James' shoulder.

"You're amazing James! By the way you start on Monday!" Lex said. There was no escaping now.

"Monday?!" James' eyes widened more. But he could not say no anymore. "Yes, Monday." Lex answered humorously. Before James could even debate, Lex's phone rang. Lex answered his phone and walked outside.

           James was actually quite scared, being a teacher again. Facing the world. But suddenly something else crossed his mind. The girl that saved him. He didn't even get to know her name, but something that, that girl said triggered something inside James that gave him this certain motivation.

Its what she said to him, that reminded him somehow of what his mother said to him before she passed away.

James' eyes dropped, he inhaled deeply. He doesn't know what to expect but he has to do this. His eyes slowly opened, his beautiful chocolate brown eyes. He looked at his left side on the small table. On the table was a  pot of flowers and his tablet. His grabbed his tablet and went to this Journal application and typed:

I'm just writing this because I have nothing else to do in this room. Well, my name is James Henry Summers, 22 years old and currently in the hospital. Well, I met someone awhile ago. A girl, I know this may sound absolutely ridiculous its because I just met her, but she kind of made me wake up from this little box that's in my mind. Oh, I'm going to go back as a teacher, this is for my Cousin Lex, its the only way I can make it up to him after ALMOST jumping off a building which the girl I mentioned about saved me. Which I'm thankful for. I wish I knew her name, I hope I find her again. Well, Goodnight. God bless.

                                                                                                                                                   -James S.

 James saved it and closed his tablet.