Chapter 18

"Sometimes I feel like my life
Is a wild beast
Trapped in an unlocked cage;
And it is awfully afraid
Of what lies on the other side.. "

✘✘✘

"Nicole..." I heard my mom as we walked down the hallway.

"Yes?" I whispered as I was scheduled for surgery in the next hour.

I had been booked into an hotel room on bed rest when I got off the plane to help ease the pain as I had been in a strenuous match but in the end they decided surgery was the best way to go.

"I know you are scared but we are all here okay?" She leaned in and slowly whispered.

I gave a small smile and sighed as I walked on with my family as well as Paige and Foxx.

They were announcing everything either tonight or tomorrow so I had to record a short video in about five minutes.

I felt okay after the sedative kicked in and I had some sleep but I felt okay before and Chris was adamant about me getting surgery as soon as possible.

Since my entire family lives in Arizona they were all flown out with me as well, courtesy of believe it or not Hunter.

The same Hunter, who was currently walking along with us.

He hadn't been at the arena , but got the call to use the jet so I could fly out. He then sent a car to my mom's house and here we all were .

Dean and Renee were scheduled for Raw and the show had to go on , I couldn't expect them to just drop what they were doing.

Although I could use their craziness as my family tried their best but they couldn't hide their concern.

It was a risky surgery, my nerves were all over the place so looking at their concerned faces wasn't helping.

I had no distraction.

No lunatic brother.

No lunatic sister.

No cocky beastly boyfriend..

I should've chased Hunter out as soon as I woke up to find him in the hotel room but I simply didn't have the energy and Stephanie was the reason for it all.

I tried to give up multiple times but Charlotte didn't give me a chance..

I guess I should thank her.

Maybe he was somehow involved in taking me down but I had to believe he did care..

Considering Brock was M.I.A I needed someone other than my family as well and while he didn't provide much of a distraction.He was strong and would take charge if need be .

"You ready?" I heard Hunter as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah" he motioned for a cameraman to film me.

"Hi Bella Army. I am getting neck surgery this afternoon with an amazing doctor Dr Uribe and I am getting a bone fusion ... I kind of have a rare injury because my disk has gone behind my vertebrae..."

I sighed as I stared at my family behind the camera before continuing.

If I hadn't pushed myself , I would have had weeks to prepare for it.

Weeks of rehab to maybe see if that could work but no, Fearless Nikki simply had to finish her feud .

I breath a deep sigh and Hunter was about to tell the guy to cut but I spoke as I pushed back my tears.