Chapter 20

"There is something beautiful about the past,
And about the way it haunts us.
The way we pass through moments
Like walking through doors.
The way we shut some out and
The way we welcome some to stay."

✘✘✘

November 2011

"I wanna take my hat off to all my training partners, to my family . I have had a very difficult couple of years with my disease and er.. I wanna officially say tonight is the last time you'll see me in the octagon..."

I shook several people's hands as I exited the octagon and made my way to my locker room.

I closed and locked the door but frowned as I turned and saw a flash of pink.

"What the hell are you doing in here?"
I breath as no one was allowed back here, especially in my locker room.

Rena wasn't here tonight as she was back home with the kids. Our divorce proceedings were underway and come next year we would officially be divorced.

I wasn't exactly happy about it, but some shit doesn't work out. I couldn't give Rena exactly what she needed and we realized it only after being married for 5 years but that's okay.

Shit happens.

"I asked you a question?" I frowned as her black hair hung down her back as she remained focused on the poster of me while I wasn't sure what the fuck was so interesting.

She still had her back turned to me but raised up something that seemed to be hanging from her neck.

Backstage Pass

"Well I am sorry that shit doesn't count for my locker room so you need to leave"

I packed up my shit but she still stood in place.

"Are you fucking deaf or something?"

"That's rude !" She finally turned around with a frown and I stared blankly at her.