Chapter 13

October
.......................................

It's September 3rd and it's still already cold as fuck in England. Sometimes I really miss California.

I miss the beach, and the In and Outs, and my friends. I miss my bed and my art room and the little park.

But it's better here. All those memories are left behind. All the bad ones at least. I like to think they're gone. I try to act like they never happened. But they did. And now I'm here. In cold as fuck England.

I make my way to my last class; algebra. Fun. When I walk in and see niall sitting in the same spot as yesterday, I remember. We have this class together. I walk over and sit down in the seat I was in yesterday. The professor whom I don't bother to remember his name, is waiting for more people to arrive as hit sips his mug.

I nudge Niall playfully and his gives me a confused look.

"Hey." I say.

"Uh... Hi?" He almost asks nervously.

"Niall it wasn't your fault, but thanks for the bracelet."

"You don't have to lie October. I know I'm fucked up okay? I know I hurt you."

"No. The words didn't hurt. They were the truth, and you just reminded me that's all." I try to say lightly but I epically fail when my voice cracks at the end.

"What i said was opposite of the truth. I just get angry and say things I don't mean. Please don't think it's true." He begs. He looks at me with his wAtery blue eyes.

He looks so fragile and innocent. Even with his multiple piercings and many tatoos he looks adorable.

I shake my head.

"It's fine Niall. I know you didn't mean it. I forgive you."

He blinks away his tears and looks at the bracelet on my wrist, then try's to hide his smile.

"It's perfect."
I catch him off guard.

"What is?"

"The bracelet."

He really smiles this time.
Then the professor starts the class and when I look away I think I hear him mumble "not as perfect as you." But I brush it off. I probably just imagined it.

When the class is over and I'm even more confused than I was yesterday me and Niall leave together.

We decide to go to my dorm room to study and attempt the assignment.

When we make it to the dorm Jenna isn't there. I guess that good.

We lay out all our notes and text books on my bed and sit down. I start the first problem and after about 10 minutes of me staring at it not knowing what to do I look up and see Niall already has 2 done.

"How the hell did you do that?" I ask.

He shrugs.
"It's easy."

"Show me."

He explains it to me and watches from behind me as I try to do the problem. When I think I've finally got it he takes the pencil from me.

"Nope."

"Fine genius how do you do it then?" I ask.

"First you have to multiply the numeral by te-" he keeps talking and i space out. I watch his lips as he talks. Watching how they form words and how he licks them occasionally.

After I don't know how long he stops talking and he catches me staring.

He smirks and starts laughing at me.