Chapter 18

October

................................

After math was over Niall and I decide to go out to coffee.

When we arrive at The Nook we spend hours discussing novels and books. I never would've thought Niall would've read Wuthering Heights or Looking For Alaska.

After we both finish our third something or other frappechino we decide to go back to the frat house.

When we arrive Niall looks around. I go to get out but he stops me.

"Wait." He says.

"What?"

"Nevermind all the other boys are out."

"Okay?" I say getting out and walking up to the huge house.

When we are about to open the door, it swings open and were meet with a surprised Harry.

"Oh hey Toby!" He smiles. I look at his cute dimples. Like mine. His are more prominent though.

"Hey Harry." I smile back.

Niall clears his throat after Harry stares at me for a bit.

"Oh, Niall....."

" let us the fuck in. I'm freezing my ass off." He grumbles.

I roll my eyes and we walk in.

"Hey babe? I'll be up in a sec." Niall calls after me as I walk up the stairs.

"Okay!" I call back down.

I reach his room and rummage through his collection of movies. I look for Cheaper By The Dozen, and only find the case empty. Ugh.

I walk back down the hall way to ask Niall where the disc is but stop at the top of the stairs when I hear Harrys voice.

"So are you and Toby dating?" Harry's asks.

"No." Niall replies bluntly.

What the FUCK?!

"So she's just you're new fuck buddy."

He asks.

"No shit."

Niall replies sounding bored.

That's when I lose it. I chuck Cheaper By The Dozen at the back of his head and it hits him square.

"What the fu-" he stops as he turns around and meets my tear filled eyes.

"just your fuck buddy huh?!" I scream down the stairs at him.

How could he? All he ever wanted was to get in my pants? And I let him! Ugh, I'm just some stupid fucking little girl. I'm just his little play thing.

I walk down the stairs.

"Okay well your fuck buddy will be leaving." I practically sob and brush past him out the front door.

"Wait! I'm Sorry October I-"

"Fuck off Niall!" I scream in his face and and rush down the front steps.

Him and Harry follow me.

"But you don't have a ride back." He replies weakly.

"Harry's taking me." I state.

Harry unlocks his car and we both climb in. As we drive off I watch with tears streaming down my face as Niall stands outside in the now rainy weather watching us drive away.

"I'm so sorry Toby." Harry whispers.

"S'okay." I sniffle.

"Sorry I made you drive me back to campus. I wasn't thinking." I stutter as I try to stop my tears.

"It's alright." He replies as he turns down the road to the campus.

"Niall is a moron. I've known him for a while now and know what a dick he is. He's not always a bastard, only when it comes to pretty girls like you."

I shrug, "he's decent at times." I give a half hearted laugh.

"Yeh he's not just all tatoos and piercings." Harry comments.

"He is known for his long line of fuck buddies though." Harry says.

A tear slips unwillingly down my cheek.

Harry's sees and apologizes.

"Sorry." He says sincerely.

Finally we pull up to the girls dorm building. He parks and I go to get out of the car but he stops me.

"Toby wait."

I stop and turn around.

"I-I hope you find someone who deserves you." He says staring back at me with his beautiful green eyes.

I nod swiftly and go to get out again, but yet again he stops me.

"Wait..."

"Ya?"

Harry pulls me into a hug. I hug him back. I needed this. Harry's warm and smells nice. But niall smells nice too. The tears are back. Fuck.

"It'll be okay in the end." He whispers into my unruly hair, then pulls away and I run through the rain into the building.

Harry's a good friend. No a great friend.