Chapter 9

Abigail Pov

I was walking towards my locker when I heard someone that sounded familiar yelling. “What’s the big deal, if she likes him or not? Why are you getting your boxers knotted in a bunch?” Noel shouted at Trevor. “Well I just don’t want to see our friend hurt that’s all. I know how Chad can be.” He shouted back.

I cleared my throat causing their attention to turn on me. “What’s going on guys?” I gave the couple a curious look. They both looked at each other and quickly frowned but just as soon as they frowned it was gone.

“Nothing that you need to worry about that’s all.” Noel threw her arm over my shoulder giving me a fake smile, which she never does. I shrugged it off, opening my locker grabbing my books. “I should be going.” Trevor told us and then walked off down the hall. I gave Noel a questioning look. She just shrugged. The bell rang. “Well I should get going too, see you third period.” She called to me as she walked off to class.

I slammed the locker close letting out a sigh. “Everything okay?” a familiar voice asked from behind me. I turned seeing Chad standing there with a worried look on his face. I tried to give him a smile but I could tell it didn’t reach my eyes. “I don’t really know. For some reason I can tell today won’t be such a good day.” I told him walking down the hall towards English class.

As I predicted today was not going so great. At lunch Trevor and Noel weren’t their usual love bird selves; they didn’t even sit next to each other let alone speak to each other. I wonder what the big argument was about when I interrupted them. Chad sat with us too, it’s become a daily thing now and I really couldn’t help but enjoy his presences.

Eve and Roxanne were engaged in a conversation at the end of the lunch table, so that just left once again to talk with everyone else at the table. I was little scared to talk to either Noel or Trevor, so I just decided the best way to go was to talk with Chad.

“He’s not going to strangle you Chad.” I said for the sixth time laughing. Chad was freaking out that my dad was going to strangle him, because he thought my dad didn’t like him. “I still think he wants to strangle me.” I shook my head at him.

“What are you doing tomorrow?” He asked me. I shrugged, “Nothing, probably be at home or something. Why?” I cocked my head to side.

“Well I wanted to know if you wanted to go ice skating with me.” He said it so low I was barely able to hear him.

They way he looked when he asked were so adorable, his eyes would turn puppy dog and his bottom lip would poke out.

I smiled at him and nodded. “That sounds like fun. Just remember don’t call or text me early Sunday morning, you know that’s my lazy day,” I gave him a pointed look and added, “Unless you want my dad to strangle you.” I teased.

The horrified look that came across his face made me crack up laughing; he glared at me.

***

The day got better as I hung out with Chad. In fifth period he had me crack up laughing with our random doodle note we were passing to each other, which was easy since he sat next to me; and in sixth period art we were on our second day of working on portraits. I had chosen to paint Chadand he had chosen me. So we were basically goofing off in that class.

We ended up having a paint war. It all started when he ‘accidentally’ got paint on my nose. So I put a line of paint on his right cheek.

We were laughing our butts off as we left the class together and headed off down the hall to my locker. Chad was reacting some of the moves I did when I tried dodging him during our war. My poor tummy was hurting from all the laughter I was doing.