Chapter 13

I was jolted awake when I felt the rush cold air sweep over my entire body; someone grabbed me by the ankles pulling out of bed. I cracked open an eye to see it was none other than Zachary. I groaned.

“What are you doing to me?” I tried to squirm out of his grip which was no use. I swear my brother has gotten stronger over the years.

“It’s six o’clock.” He stated.

“No, really, I hadn’t noticed.” I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes at him.

He gave one hard violent tug causing me to fall on back on to the floor. I groaned. “Ouch that hurt; abusive much?” He came to stand over me with a smirk on his face; I just glared back at him.

“Come on,” he held out his hand for me. “You need to go get ready.” I slipped my hand into his letting him helping stand on my feet.

“Ready for what?” I questioned. A huge grin spread across his face, which creeped me out.

“For school, that’s what.” He was too cheerfully at the mention of school. I glanced over at the calendar hanging near my bookcase. Yup he was right, today indeed day to return back from break. I brought my hands up to my hair pulling on it.

“No!” I cried, still tugging my hair and pouting now.

“Come on, stop being such a baby, it’s just school.” He eased my hands out of my hair and placed his on my shoulders.  “Besides you’re a senior you should be happy.” He gave me a small smile.

I shrugged. “I guess you’re right bro.” I huffed out a gust of air, blowing the hair out of my face.

“Well of course I’m right, I’m your brother and I’m always right.” He said smugly. I snorted loudly.

“Has anyone ever told you that you’re so arrogant…oh wait I just did.” I poked my tongue out at him. He then shoved me towards the bathroom, I resisted by planting my feet at in front of me not budging. As he shoved me, my feet just slid along the floor.

“Get ready or you’ll be late.” He told me pushing me in the bathroom and then closed the door.  I stood there staring at the door for a minute, not believing that my brother just shoved me in the bathroom. Zachary was right, I was going to be late if I didn’t hurry up and get ready. I cranked up the shower all the way to hot; I stripped off my clothes and hopped in the shower.

Thirty minutes I am came bounding down the stairs with my backpack slung over my right shoulder dressed in white jeans a blue tank and a grey cardigan with grey converse to match. I smelt food as I came down the stairs wondering who was cooking. Dad was already at work, so that left only uncle and aunty to be cooking. Sure enough it was Uncle Danny cooking when I came into the kitchen. I skipped over to him give him a kiss on the cheek.

“Morning Uncle.” I said cheerfully, taking the plate he was handing over to me. He kissed me in return on the forehead.

I took my plate of food and hopped on the bar stool and ate it. I savored every bite of my food. The doorbell rang chiming through the entire house. “I got it,” called Zach. I just continued eating my food. I heard the front door open and then close. I heard Zach talking to someone.

Someone wrapped their arms around my waist and planted a kiss on my left cheek. I turned to see a smiling Chad standing behind. I smiled up at him stretching my neck up to give him a kiss. He leaned his down to meet my lips.

“Mm good morning to you too,” his cool breath blew across my lips. He then took the seat next to me at the kitchen island.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, taking a bite of my food. Chad reached over to grab a piece of bacon off my plate, I jabbed my fork at him. He laughed getting up to grab himself a plate of food.