Chapter 22

I didn't know where I was heading, all I knew was that I couldn't stand being in the house with Zach for the moment. Some part of me wanted to be mad him for acting like my dad telling me I couldn't talk to Chad but another part of me knew that he was just looking out for me and didn't want to see me hurt. I hit my hand against the steering wheel in frustration. There weren't too many places to go in our small town, so I decided on stopping at the park for awhile. I found a big oak tree and say down underneath, in the shade it provided for me.

I leaned against the large tree and closed my eyes to the world. I listened to the wind whistle and the leaves ruffle on the grass around the few bugs that flew past me. My mind had a million thoughts but right now all I could think of was how peaceful this place was. I don't know how long I sat here just enjoying mother nature that I didn't notice that someone had sat down next to me. I turned to see a quiet Elaina leaning against the tree beside me with her eyes closed too.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. With her eyes still closed she responded, "Just want needed to get away from my brother and I needed a place to think." I was bit curious as to why she wanted to get away from Chad. "Did you and Chad get into it or something?" I picked at a leaf that lay beside me. It took her a few minutes to answer my question. When she finally did she opened her eyes and turned to look at me with questioning eyes.

"No we didn't have one of our usual sibling fights-" she chuckled at her words- "he was just making me all antsy and nervous with him being all nervous and psychotic with all this planning he's doing." Now I was really curious about Chad. What could he possibly be planning after what happened with Zach today, I thought. I didn't press for anymore questions, so I just settle with enjoying her company.

For the rest of the day we just sat and talked with each other about everything including my feelings for her brother. We even watched the sky and picked out images from the clouds when out butts got too sore from sitting. Elaina was always great to talk with, I sometimes wish I had an older sister like Elaina; but in some way she has grown to be an older sister to me.

"So tell me again how you feel about Chad because that first explanation really wasn't an explanation more like rubbish" Elaina stared at me with those same piercing pale grey eyes, until I gave her an honest answer. "Well its complicated now with the whole bet thing he made behind my back." I tugged at the grass in front of me. "But I mean my feelings for your brother has grown stronger each and every day I spent with him. If I have to be honest your brother stole my hear that very first day we met, even when I didn't realize it." As I said the words I realized how true they actually were. She bumped her shoulder against mine giving me a wide smile.

"You actually love my brother?" her question sounded more like doubt than an actual question. I nodded. "Wow I never knew someone would love my annoying idiot head of a brother," she teased. "But If anyone could do a spectacular job with putting up with Chad, it would be you." she praised. I smiled ducking my head. "What do you say we get out of here and go grab some food?" she suggested. We got up and headed to our parked cars and left for food.

Few minutes later we met up at the local diner where I first saw Zachary. We ate and talked over dinner and just had a good time. I really missed hanging out with her, I had to be sure that we hung out like this again.

I got home to a quiet house Zach was no where in sight and Trevor and Noel must've headed home while I was out. My dad was in the kitchen hunting for something to eat. I actually missed my dad, I haven't see my dad in awhile he's been taking late shifts down at the station so I didn't really see him. "Hi dad." I skipped over to him and placed a kiss on his cheek. He gave me a warm smile, "Hi baby-girl." He ended up settling on making himself a simple sandwich and a beer to go along with it. I shook my head at him before heading upstairs to my room. I flicked on the light to see Zach lying in my bed cuddled with my teddy bear Trevor gave me. I shook my head at the sight and couldn't help but laugh.

I crept over to my dresser to change out my clothes and into Chad's shirt he let me wear from prom night. Once changed into my sleep wear, I turned out the light and climbed into bed along with Zach. As soon as i was in bed Zach woke up. "Sorry about what happened earlier, I guess I was being overprotective." he apologized. I turned to look at him.

"Its fine Zach I understand, you were only thinking of what was best for me and I guess I over reacted. But can I tell you something?" I scooted closer to him and ducked my head so that his chin rested on top of my head. "Sure anything," Zach voice came out soft and quiet. "I love Chad," I whispered. For a few minutes we lay there in silence I thought that he may have not heard me.

"I figured that much," he finally said. "I could see it in your eyes when he stopped by today. You really have feelings for him?" I just nodded. "Well I can't stop what the heart wants so do what you think is best, just know what ever decision you make you have my full support." Hearing his words made me happy, I was glad to know Zach would always have my back. With that said I went to sleep curled up against my big brother like a small child with a content smile on my face.

CHAD POV

The next day at school was actually non eventful. Not much happened today. But I didn't care about what happened, all I cared about at the time was finding one person and it seemed next to impossible to find them in the huge cafeteria. After what felt like years of searching I finally found him; he was just coming into the cafeteria with some of our football buddies.

I set off towards him with a determined face. Before I could try to fix anything I had to straighten things with Ryan first. "You got a minute?" I asked as soon as I was standing only a foot away from him. "Yeah what's up?" he responded. "Good we need to talk."

HELLO LOVELIES I MISSED YOU GUYS A BUNCH IM SUPER SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE I BET YOU JUST WANT WRING MY KNECK I WOULD TOO. I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. SORRY ABOUT THE CLIFFHANGER I THOUGHT I'D YOUR IMAGINATION RUN WILD WELL IT'S 12:00 IN THE MORNING AND I HAVE SCHOOL SO NIGHT :) REMEMBER COMMENT AND VOTE IT MEANS A LOT TO ME.

LOVE MELLABELLA