Home

----♡----

History, just as boring as ever. I already know all this stuff.

(Y/N) seemed to enjoy it, though. Whenever a country made a truce she would start smiling uncontrollably. (COUGH COUGH SHIPPING COUGH COUGH)

But whenever we talked about a war, (Y/N) looked like she was gonna cry. (REVOLUTION IS NOW A BAD WORD)

She would draw small people discussing world problems.

They weren't very good but, y'know, they were cute.

We ended on a low note. The American Revolution.
(Y/N) looked fine for the most part. She was smiling, actually. (SMILING TO HIDE THE TEARs)

RIIIINNNG

"Oh." (Y/N) said, glancing up at the clock.

"Da, time to go home." I replied cheerfully.

"Hehehe, home..." (Y/N) laughed nervously. She picked up her books, and started heading to the door.

She wasn't following or waiting for me.

Whatever, I thought.

This wasn't upsetting me at all.

Nope.

Not. At. All.

I stacked my books and picked them up carefully.

I opened the door to head to my locker.

Just the usual. Shoving unnecessary books in, taking homework out. Students walking up and down hallways, talking among themselves.

I didn't see (Y/N) leaving, but I didn't see her in the hallways either.

~YOUR POV, FINALLY XD~

I walked home quickly.

Home.

Home?

Is it really my home?

My parents are overseas, fighting in wars.

Is it really home when mom and dad are gone?

I sigh.

It's home for now.

I walk down the light tan paved sidewalks, and stare at my "humble aboad"

One story house, with a small basement. Two bedroom, two bathroom, one kitchen, one living room.

The small, yellow house looked abandoned.

I don't know how to take care of a house! But I try my best.

I checked the mail box.
Like I have been the past summer. Empty. Just like all summer.

"We'll be back before school." I said in a mocking tone. "S-sorry mom."

I guess it wasn't their fault. It is war after all.

But why? When did we get so low on money that we had to risk our lives for it?

"We'll send post cards every week." My dad said, he ruffled my hair.

"Okay!" I smiled.

I thought of this as I entered the house.

I sighed.

This didn't feel like home.

What can you do? Life isn't fair.

I started to do the chores, then I could head out to my part time job at the store for some money.

Clean the dishes, mow the lawn, tend to the garden. Simple chores. That I sucked at.

After an hour of chores, I pull out my phone.

Maybe I can bring my homework to work? I mean, I have breaks and all. And I'm sure my boss, (What ever name u want), would understand. He went to school as well.

My boss, (B/N), was a great man. He wasn't the healthiest, but he looked after me. Although he can't give me money or a raise, he'll buy me some food. He was someone I could trust and talk to. Even if I don't talk to him about my issues, it's nice having someone look after me.

You head out to the store, and it was usual. Slow. Low-pay. Completed homework.

You come back home. Eat. Sleep.

Wake up.

Repeat.

Repeat.

-----