Transformation.

Three weeks since you came here.

It's been three weeks and you had managed to get along with most of Peter's friends. Most of them. Shelley was really nice, but the two of you only talked to each other when Roman wasn't around. Because if he was, you'd leave.

Letha had become a good friend of you, a friend you had never had. She loved talking to you about when Peter was little, and you loved sharing stories. It was nice to have someone around who saw Peter in a different light than you and Destiny did. Peter always acted a little softer when Letha was around, and that was actually really cute.

In the whole three weeks, you'd only spoken a few sentences to Roman, when you really had to. You were always keeping an eye on him, and as annoying as it was, he knew that you were doing that. So he returned the favor and started keeping an eye on you. Whenever Peter and Letha were around, the two of you sucked it up and played nice, but the minute Peter and Letha were gone, you had to contain yourself to not start a fight.

You had no idea why he acted like this, but you couldn't care less. You had to know if he was involved with the murder on your mother, or if he knew anything about it. Upirs know other upirs, right?

As you walked over to your locker, to dump your books that you didn't need for the weekend, you heard someone call your name.

"Eva!" Peter yelled from across the hallway. He was standing by the entrance of the school, mumbling something to Roman. Peter beckoned you and you slammed your locker shut with a sigh.

"What?" you asked, walking up to them. You leaned with your shoulder against the wall and crossed your arms in front of your chest.

Peter swung his arm casually around your shoulders. "Come walk with us for a moment, okay?"

Roman had opened the entrance door and walked off, you and Peter following him. You were walking behind the school, to a sketchy looking door. Roman opened it and Peter removed his arm from your shoulders and walked in.

You quickly looked at Roman and he made a gesture with his head, telling you to go in. He then followed you and shut the door. It was pretty much just some cement stairs that were going down, under the school probably.

Peter sat down on one of the steps and leaned against the wall, Roman on the other side across Peter. You fixed your dark blue sundress as you sat down in between them, but one step up. "What is this?"

"I." Peter said, grabbing a joint from his inside pocket and lighting it. "Wanna ask you something."

He inhaled deeply and passed it to Roman, who put it in between his lips. You looked from Roman to Peter and back to Roman. "And why's he here then?"

"Because Peter asked me to." Roman stated, blowing out the smoke and holding the joint in front of you. "Take it."

You took it and closed your eyes as you took a drag. It filled your lungs and you blew out some smoke. You handed it back to Peter and sighed. "So what is it?"

"You have never seen me transform, have you?" Peter asked, taking a few drags in a row.

You shook your head. "No, why?"

Peter smirked, "Do you want see me change?"

"Should you be talking about this with him here?" you asked, nodding your head to Roman.

Roman snorted. "Why else would he bring me here?"

"I don't fucking know." you shrugged. "Because you're giving each other head after this conversation is over?"

"Shut your fucking mouth, you cunt!" Roman snapped at you. And he got up to leave, but Peter stopped him.

"Roman, come on." Peter raised his voice. "Don't talk to her like that. And sit down."

Roman gave you a filthy look. "I'll stop talking to her like that when she knows how to behave to me."

He sat back down on the step and took the joint from Peter. He kept glazing at you and if looks could kill, you would be dead five times by now.

"Okay, anyways." Peter cleared his throat. "Tonight's a full moon. Wanna see it?"

You had lit a cigarette and shrugged. "Yeah sure. What time and where?"

Peter looked at his watch. "Hm, around 9 o'clock. At Roman's place."

"You're fucking changing at his place?!" you practically yelled. "You could get caught or something!"

"Geez, don't you ever shut the fuck up and let someone talk?" Roman said, quite annoyed. "Behave, or you can go fuck yourself and stay away tonight."

"Roman! Eva! For fuck's sake!" Peter raised his voice. "You're my cousin and you're my best friend. I want you to be fucking nice to each other for once."

"Shee-it man." Roman mumbled.

You sighed and inhaled your cigarette deeply. "Okay, fine. But why at his place?"

"It's the safest place to turn in the whole town." Peter stated. "I can't accidentally hurt anyone there."

You sighed again. "Fair enough."

"So you'll come?" Peter smiled. 

"Yeah, I'll come." you said, nodding your head.

---

"Look who's here." Roman said as he opened the door of his apartment for you.

You gave him a look as you walked by him. "Fuck off."

Peter was sitting on the couch in the living room, sipping some water. He smiled at you when he saw you walking in.

"Hey." he said. "Are you nervous?"

You shrugged and sat down next to him. "Nah, kinda. More excited actually. I've only heard stories about the transformation, but never seen it! Does it hurt?"

Peter shook his head. "Nah, not really."

"He just tears off his own skin, his eyes pop out, all the good stuff." Roman added as he walked into the living room and took a seat in the chair across Peter.

You raised an eyebrow at him and looked at Peter.

"He's right." he chuckled. "Scared yet?"

"Pfft, no" you scoffed. "I'm not afraid of some blood and gore."

"Good to know." Roman said and got up. "I think it's about time, right Peter?"

Peter nodded and took off his rings, necklace, shirt, pants and underwear. You looked Peter in the eyes. "Seriously?

He held up his hands and chuckled, "Hey, I don't wanna rip my clothes."

The two of you followed Roman to the huge backyard that ended in the forest. You walked over to where Roman was standing and Peter stood a few steps away from the two of you. He spit in his hands and run them through his hair.

"Now I wanna be sure that you two don't kill each other while I'm gone, okay?" Peter joked as he pointed at you and Roman.

"I wouldn't dare." Roman replied jokingly. "But if she attacks me, I will need to defend myself."

You stepped a few steps away from Roman and turned back to Peter. "I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that."

Peter started slouching a little bit and you could hear his bones cracking. Peter screamed as he fell on the ground and reached for his face. His eyes started bleeding and popped out.

"Holy fucking shit hell." you cursed under your breath, as your eyes widened at the sight of Peter ripping off his own skin.

"Fucking told you so." Roman scoffed.

Peter's eyes were now yellow and a wolf snout was pushing itself through Peter's own mouth. The rest of his skin began to tear and Peter, or rather the wolf, started shaking the skin off. He then started eating the skin and when he was finished, he howled and ran off towards the forest.

It looked awfully painful, but also absolutely beautiful.

You came back to your senses when Roman snapped his fingers in front of your eyes. "Come on, we have to stay inside all night."

Shit. You hadn't thought of that. You had to stay inside with Roman until the next morning, when Peter came back.