The Party.

It was autumn, your favorite season.

You were walking down the decorated hallway of the school. Apparently this town was just as into Halloween and autumn as you were. As you walked up to the bulletin board to check what was for lunch, you saw Letha and Peter walk into your direction. Both with a wide smile.

"Okay what is it?" you asked, because those smiles looked very suspicious.

"Well." Peter said, leaning with his shoulder against the wall. "James is throwing a party this Saturday, wanna come with us?"

"Who the fuck is James?" you said. You had been here for several months, but barely knew anyone actually.

"He's in our English class." Letha chuckled. "He sits behind you."

You shrugged, "I don't pay attention to anyone really. And thanks, but I'm not really a party person."

"Are you sure?" Peter grinned. "I heard it's going to be the best party of the century! It's at the Steel Mill, so almost everyone is going to be there."

"And we don't wanna be stuck with Roman seducing girls all evening." Letha quickly added. "Shelley's not coming."

"Oh okay, I see what this is about." you said, being fake offended. 

Peter snorted, "No, not like that. We actually want you to come. Maybe you'll make some new friends."

You sighed, "Eh I don't know."

"Or maybe you'll meet some nice guys hm." Letha added with a cheeky grin.

"Don't you two play matchmaker with me." you stated with a chuckle. "I'm fine where I am now."

The school bell rang and the three of you walked into English class. Because of what Letha had said, you noticed the guy that was sitting on the spot behind yours. He smiled at you and you gave him a small one back, before sitting down.

"Eva?" you heard from behind you.

You turned around, "Yes James?"

"Did uh Peter and Letha tell you about the party?" he quickly asked, with slightly blushing cheeks.

You chuckled and nodded, "Yeah they did."

James was fiddling with his finger. "Are you coming?"

"Did you ask them to ask me?" you replied, raising an eyebrow.

"Maybe." he mumbled. "Yes."

"Why didn't you ask me yourself?" you said with a smile. "You should know by now that I don't bite."

His eyes shifted to the seats by the window and quickly went back to you. "I know. But I just didn't know how. I mean, you're new, and you're pretty cool. And you hang out with some popular people, so I just didn't know how."

You looked at the same direction as James was just looking and saw Roman looking at you. You rolled your eyes at him and turned back to James. "It's because of Roman, isn't it? Don't worry, I barely hang out with him outside of school. He's Peter's best friend, that's why I act nice to him."

James chuckled. "You got me. He kinda scares me. But anyways, are you coming to my party?"

"Yeah of course." you answered with a smile.

---

"How are you liking it here so far?" Letha asked with a smile, as she drove the two of you to the Steel Mill.

Peter was at Roman's place for god knows what and they would be coming a little later, so Letha had offered to give you a ride.

"It's alright here." you chuckled. "No, it's nice. Most people are very kind."