Shelley's birthday.

You hurried to school, because you had slept through your alarm. As you ran into the school's hallway, you bumped into someone. The person held on to your arms, to prevent you from falling.

"Oh thanks, Shelley!" you smiled as you looked up and saw her face. "Sorry I bumped into you, I've had an awful morning."

She smiled and typed something on her computer, "That's okay, Eva. You're not hurt, are you?"

You shook your head, "Nope, thanks to you!"

"Good." the voice said. "Actually, I was looking for you."

From the corner of you eye you saw Roman walking into your and Shelley's direction. He got next to Shelley as you asked, "Why were you looking for me?"

Shelley smiled and said, "Invitation!"

"Oh, are you inviting me for something?" you said to her with a smirk, completely ignoring Roman.

She nodded and typed something again, "For my birthday dinner on Friday. I would love it if you came too."

"Sure, I'd be happy to come!" you replied. Shelley handed you a piece of paper with the date, time and address.

"Thank you." she managed to say, and smiled again at you.

The school bell rang and lots of students were running through the hallway. You folded the paper and put it in your pocket, "No problem, Shelley."

Shelley turned around to walk to her class and you were about to walk to the other direction, but Roman got in front of you.

"What?" you said. "I'm in a hurry."

"I want you to tell her you can't make it." he replied, with a strict look on his face.

You sighed, "I'm not going to."

"But I don't want you there." he stated. "Shelley shouldn't be friends with you."

You rolled your eyes, "Are we gonna have this fight again, hm? Shelley invited me, and I'm going."

Roman got a little bit closer to you, "I don't want it."

"Shelley does. So fuck you. I'm going." you said, walking by him to your classroom.

---

You were probably way too early, but that's always better than slightly late. It was a warm Friday afternoon and you were walking on the long driveway of the Godfrey mansion, heading towards the house.

Once arrived at the door, you rang the bell and it didn't take long before someone opened the door for you. He smiled and held his hand out to you, "Hello, I'm Johann Pryce. Come in."

You shook his hand, introduced yourself to him and walked into the house. Shelley immediately walked up to you and smiled. The man who introduced himself as Johann, walked off and let the two of you alone.

"Who's he?" you asked Shelley, as you hang your jacket on the peg.

She started typing on her computer. "He is my doctor, he will be here this evening. My mother left, because Roman is going to be here."

You raised an eyebrow, "So, she leaves because Roman wants that?"

Shelley nodded and typed, "Yes, she does what Roman wants. She does not want to have a fight with him."

You chuckled, "Well I can't blame her, who does?! Anyways, happy birthday!"

You handed her a gift bag with her present in it. She opened it and looked in, with a big smile. "Thank you, Eva. How did you know I love books?"