The day after.

You hadn't slept very well, because you were kind of worried about Peter. You knew he would probably come back, but you just never knew. So when your alarm went off at 8 o'clock, you jumped out of the bed in the guest room.

Not bothering to put  your sundress back on, you walked through the living room and into the kitchen while wearing you underwear and a shirt.

"Hi." Roman mumbled, sipping some orange juice, as you walked in.

You grabbed a glass and filled it with water. "Hi. Is Peter here already?"

Roman shook his head. "Nope."

You sighed, walked over to your backpack to get a cigarette and opened the door to the backyard, so you could wait for Peter to come back. You saw Roman joining you, as he sat down on the other chair. Both of you didn't say a word, but you could feel that the tension between you was a little bit less than before.

Soon, you saw something coming towards the apartment from out of the woods. Roman got up and narrowed his eyes. "Eva, get Peter's clothes. And the first aid kit under the kitchen sink."

You quickly got up, did as Roman said and ran inside. You hurried back with everything and  Roman had put Peter on the chair you were previously sitting on. You handed him his pants and he carefully put them on. It was that moment when you noticed the wounds on his chest and scrapes on his face.

"Peter? What the fuck happened to you?" you asked, a little bit panicking.

"God fucking dammit." Peter cursed as he sucked in some air when Roman pressed some cotton pads soaked in alcohol on his wounds to clean them. "I'm fine Eva, don't worry."

Roman had cleaned the wounds and pressed some gauze on it. "Eva, hold this."

You were still in shock of seeing Peter like this, so you didn't make a move. Roman grabbed your hand and pushed it onto the gauze, so you could hold it as he wrapped some bandage around Peter's chest. "Eva, come on. I need your help."

You snapped out of your thoughts and started helping Roman clean the cuts and scratches on Peter's face.

"You don't need stitches, but I can bring you to Pryce if you want." Roman said, after inspecting Peter's face.

Peter shook his head, "No, I'm fine."

"What was it?" Roman asked. The two of them didn't seem to notice you were still there. Peter put his shirt over his head and sighed.

"There's a bunch of 'new' upirs." Peter replied. "They're just randomly killing whatever they want to kill."

"Fuck." Roman cursed under his breath. "Do you have any idea where, or maybe even who, they came from?"

"No idea." Peter said. "They look a little different as well. Kinda of like a mix between zombies and upirs. It's like someone turned dead people into upirs."

"I don't even know if that's possible." Roman mumbled.

The three of you startled when your mobile phone went off. You looked at the screen and saw that Destiny was calling, so you answered it.

"Eva, are you okay?" Destiny said from the other end of the line.

"Yeah I'm okay, why?" you replied, looking at Peter.

"Something's wrong, I feel it. Is Peter okay?" Destiny continued.

You sighed and bit your lip. "Peter's been attacked last night."

"Let him talk to me." Destiny said, so you handed your phone to Peter.

Peter shot you a concerned look as he was listening to Destiny. You got up to give him some privacy and Roman quietly followed you.