Chapter 11: One year later

Alastor's POV

Has it been already one year since I stayed at this place? Time truly passed so fast.

While it was not a very eventful year, I have made considerable progress in term of my power level. Even though it was just training, I was on able to hold on my own against Mephisto and Naberius. Well I did hold back by not using all of my unique abilities from the old demon lords but we did not fight with our life on the line so it was difficult to tell.

Now my lesson with Naberius consisted only of spars since he ran out of things to teach me. The same could be said with Amelia but she refused to fight with me.

I have also mastered many more tricks from the Abyss. Not only did I find new Legacies, I have modified and improved those I already had. I discovered this by pure luck while spending time studying those abilities. However I was still not able to unlock Xenes' power because there was no dragon in this continent and I did not think I was ready to face one yet.

As for Alice, she shocked me when Naberius took her as his apprentice. Apparently she had incredible strength and speed, even able to handle Naberius' axe with ease. I did not object her to train with him however. I was worried about her but I believed that she could take care of herself and she might need those skills one day. If I ever intended to be the demon lord, people would target me and those close to me. I could not afford to lose anyone again.

"Hey Alastor, what are you thinking about?"

I was currently in the Abyss. There were a dozen of shadows surrounding me, or rather they used to be shadow. Once I made a pact, or received the Legacy, from a shadow, they took on their original colorful form instead of just being a creepy black mist. And of course these shadows were those I made a pact with, except for Xenes who did not like hanging out with the others.

The guy who was just speaking to me was Lucifer. Once a celestial, he became the demon lord after refusing to obey the order of those above him. Quite ironic for a guy who used to kill demon to become the king of demons himself. But this guy was very short-tempered and just wanted to kill everything so even I had trouble to control myself when I used his Legacy.

"Nothing. Just reminiscing what happened for the last year. That's all." I said to him.

"Boring. You are just going to rust here. Just go out there and kill those damn Primes!" Lucifer said with an irritated voice.

"Perhaps you are right. My teachers don't have anything to teach my anymore. Staying here any longer won't get me stronger. But I worry about Alice. I don't want to endanger her by bringing her with me." I contemplated.

"Then just leave her here. She is just going to be a burden for us..." Lucifer grunted.

"Say that one more time Lucifer!" I raised my voice.

"I am only saying the fact." As he said, he vanished into thin air.

"Forget what he said Alastor!" It was Asmodeus. A few of the new powers I got was thanks to her negotiation skills.

"Hehehe! Things might quite different from what you said Lucifer. Never judge a book by its cover!" another shadow joined the conversation.

It was Nyx. He was an elderly human mage who was fascinated with demons and ended up being one. The guy seemed a bit crazy, always talking in a cryptic way or babbling about something no one understood.

I started to get tired of these conversations. But what Lucifer said about leaving here did cross my head several times in these recents days. I should discuss to Mephisto about leaving this place. But what of Alice? needed to check with Alice first.