Chapter 97: Amon the Sacred Virtuoso

And so the war in Oros came to an end with the victory fell into the hands of the rebellion force led by a mysterious demon. The dragon council, under the orders of their old leader Maragon, has been disbanded along with all members losing their status and privileges. Although there had been a few dissatisfaction and unwillingness in handing over their power to the new order, none of the members dared to actually do anything. Surprisingly, there were no trials or accusations toward the remaining members as now that everyone knew the entire conflict and the intervention to stop all negotiations have been orchestrated by Taragon and the organization he belonged to, Sanctus. That was not to say that the dragon council was totally blameless in their ways of handling affairs and ruling over the dragons. However, it would be ignorant to accuse them of everything, especially the recent events.

But most important of all was perhaps the election of a new ruler in Oros. While indeed the dragon council did not do what they were supposed to do, to serve the people, many acknowledged the need of a monarchy, a symbol of power to put things in order when needed. Freedom was a great thing but not when it became anarchy, especially when it had to deal with a powerful race like the dragons.

One would assume the leader of the rebellion movement to be the new king of Oros but unfortunately that was not the case. Following his promise, Kaiser has abandoned his post and gave the honor and title of King to his most trustworthy friend, the dragon lord Celdora. Of course, the decision was uncontestable and unanimous as no one had any reason to challenge Celdora's authority. After all, this has also been predicted and has been the talk of many for the last few days. To be fair, the announcement was a bit anticlimactic and mostly anticipated.

But alas, that what were the common people cared and knew about. However, like pretty much everything in this world, there was always a hidden side that not many could see. After all, why would they care about anything else now that they have accomplished what they wanted to do? A natural behavior but sometimes if not often dangerous! The strange circumstances behind Taragon's death, the portal little Syralth took to come in the middle of the battlefield while not remembering anything afterward and in the center of them all was the crown found near what was left of the young black dragon after it expunged from his carcass.

Also, someone has been missing after the end of the war in Oros. Well, rather than said to be missing, it was probably more accurate to say that he was simply gone, nowhere to be found: the white dragon Malick, also known to only Alastor as the Dragon God Amon. But it was not like he left without a trace nor did he just leave quietly either. Just before Alastor could retrieve the mysterious crown, Malick has appeared out of nowhere and took it before vanishing from the battlefield. However, as he disappeared, Amon has left a message to the young demon lord to seek him at a specific location three days after the end of the war.

.....

At the moment, at the highest point in Oros, on top of the central tower of Canaan which has been deserted after the war, two figures were standing against the wind with the cloths fluttering to the high breeze.

"You have come, Alastor." Said the dragon in his human form. "I apologize for the sudden disappearance a few days ago but there was no way around it."

"About time you tell me what is going on! Start with that crown! Why did you take it?" Alastor asked menacingly.

"I made a mistake. I thought the curse has been removed from the crown but after what happened, it is clear that it was not the case." Amon replied.

"Curse? What curse?"