Chapter 95: Clashes

Chapter 95: Clashes

While the battle in Canaan continued with all its might, a little figure was left out back at her cave along with a few soldiers guarding the place. As one would expect from the overprotective attitude of the dragon lord toward his daughter, little Syralth was grounded to not come out of the cave until his return. His intention was well justified but it was not enough to convince the young draconian. Jealous of how Kaiser reacted toward the boy who was barely older than her, the girl could not understand why he was allowed to go while she had to stay here, doing absolutely nothing.

Actually, to be honest, Syralth's power was so much more than she realized it herself. If she really wanted it, none of the guards outside would be able to stop her. However, despite being such a hard-headed girl with a liking to adventure, she didn't dare to disobey what Kaiser and Celdora have told her. After all, to be seen as a 'bad girl' in their eyes was not something Syralth wished to do.

Sitting in her room on the floor, she looked out of the only window facing the sun, letting it the warm sunlight of the morning as the warm radiance shined upon her youthful flesh. As part of her nature as a dragon, perhaps that was why she enjoyed basking herself under the sunlight. It put her body at ease in a relaxed state as her mind started to become blank.

In that state of trance, Syralth heard a wordless humming in her mind. The tone was soothing like a lullaby, driving the girl far deep into her unconsciousness. And that voice echoing in her head, a woman? A sad tone, unknown yet familiar...where did she hear this voice from?

"Come to me!"

As if following the voice, Syralth slowly stood up like a soulless doll with no control of her body or even her thoughts.

"Find me!"

And as the marionette controlled by the strings which were this hymn she was hearing, the young draconian headed outside the room she was confined to. However, the moment she opened the door, two guards standing in both sides of the chamber have stopped her from going anywhere further.

What were they saying? The words that came out of their mouths only sounded like insects buzzing in the mind of the little girl. It was hindering the lovely hum she was listening to. Even more, it hurt to listen to their babbling.

"Shut up, insects!"

With a single punch, the girl sent the soldier flying to the ceiling. As the other guard was still stunned and did not manage to grasp onto the situation in time, Syralth jumped on and grabbed his head as she smashed it to the ground below them, making a large hole on the floor.

As the other people present in the cave noticed the loud sound, Syralth casually walked toward the quarters of a specific person: the white dragon Malick. After what has happened and following Malick's request, Kaiser has stationed a group of soldiers blocking anyone attempting to enter his chamber. Upon spotting the small figure coming toward them, the soldiers recognized her as a threat and took their battle stance.

"Unleash your potential!"

Raising her hand forward, Syralth released an emerald light that engulfed everything that stood in her way. In just an instant, it left nothing in its passage, whether it was the hard metal armor or the fragile flesh of the living. Everything has been burned to crisp. Only ashes remained.

"You are almost there! Keep going!"

Moving forward, the draconian proceeded to smash down the door to the chamber of her destination. As she walked inside, an incredible sight was hit in her eyes: in the back of the somber room, a black iron crown was attached to a multitude of talismans with strange characters imprinted on it. Those were the magic wards Malick has employed in order to suppress the phantom residing inside the crown. It was assumed that he succeeded. After all, Malick was the God of the Dragons Amon. Surely, someone of that caliber would be able to purify a common ghost....That was it if that spirit was common. But in this case, even with all these precautions that were on the verge of breaking itself apart, Amon was wrong to think that he was able to contain this entity by himself.