Chapter 38: Father's love

Alastor was now surrounded by the three demon royal guards. He had no time for this, he had to find Ikarus. However even if he could get away easily, he has decided not to. It was time for these people to know who was the one in charge here.

The first one was Naberius. As hot head as he was, the beastman started with a plunging attack with his giant axe from above. However his attack was not effective. In fact the axe did hit Alastor but it passed right through him as if it didn't hit anything. Cutting through his body, it broke the ground below and with it Alastor vanished into thin air.

In truth it was nothing but an afterimage created by Alastor as he sidestepped so quickly it was impossible to perceive with normal eyes. Immediately the beastman tried to pull back his axe for a second attack but for some reason his axe felt unusually heavy, making him unable to even budge it.

The boy has put one of his foot on the axe's blade to block it but how could Naberius, the strongest man in the demon army in term of strength, was unable to lift a boy?

"<Belphegor's Burden: Thousands Weights>"

With a mere touch, Alastor has changed the weight of the axe, increasing it to ten times heavier. He also had modified his own to make him as light as a feather in order to increase his agility.

In a single second, he seemingly teleported from his location and appeared right under Naberius' arms. He put his hand on his chest.

"<Grand Cross>"

A cross of light exploded in the vicinity and blasted the beastman against the wall. Compared to the one Alastor used against Gnome, this one only used a tenth of its original power as it was not his intention to kill. However, it was more than enough to cause severe injuries.

One of the trio has fallen. Now Alastor has found his second target: the witch Amelia. Without warning he fired a series of combination of elemental small bullets toward her. These attacks were not for offensive purpose but only to draw out what Amelia's abilities actually were since Alastor has never actually fought with her nor was he very knowledgeable about her.

"<Skeleton Wall>" From Amelia's shadow, two giant skeleton's hands enclosed her and protected her from the projectiles. As the boy dashed toward her, the devil Mephisto joined the fight and launched furiously an assault with his nimble claws.

Skillfully dodging all of them, Alastor's body changed into a black creature with only a mouth on his clouded face.

But his appearance which would normally sent shiver to his enemies did not make Mephisto even budge. The devil has seen more terrors than one hundreds men combined in his lifetime. This kind of intimidation would not make him back down.

"<Unseen Dissection>"

Moving purely on instint, Alastor quickly back stepped. Three scars have appeared on his chest. If he has not moved in time, he would have been cut opened.

"Not over yet! <Danse Macabre>!"

Multiples large blood red claws emerged from the ground and dived toward the boy. Just evading would not be enough. And it seemed to be an endless wave of these as each time Alastor destroyed one, another would take its place. Not only that, when Alastor was slightly scratched by those claws, the blood from the wounds converged toward the devil.

The blood flowed according Mephisto's command and turned into crimson darts that targeted the boy. And each hit would generate more blood for him and so creating more darts.