Chapter 82: Visitor from the sea

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?"

A giant shadow was cast upon the group on the bridge who could only stand there in shock, watching as the enormous thing above them flung toward the beach before crashing down.

BAM

Followed by the crushing sound of the creature on the beach sand, sending a huge amount of amount on air, the group rushed back to shores, to see what they just caught.

A deep blue smooth skin, stripes marking all over its body that emitted a faint green light, very long neck and four large foots with typical gills of a sea creature. That was what the thing looked like. However, in addition to these features, the beast also possessed a pair of wings imprinted with strange pattern in a very showy colour, perhaps use to intimidate its foes underwater. But why would a sea creature have wings? In fact, why did it look so much like a dragon instead?

"Oh my, oh my! Who would have thought I would one day catch one of these?" Azureus uttered in an ecstatic voice, bouncing around in excitement.

"You know what it is, Azureus?" asked Alastor as he looked upon the weird creature. Never has he seen a monster sharing similar features as this one.

"This is a sea dragon. I thought they went extinct a long time ago but it seems I was wrong. Alright kids, I am sorry but we can't eat this one." The slime spoke. "No worry I will call someone over to bring you food."

"What do you intend to do with it?" inquired Naberius.

"Well, I don't really know. Perhaps just lock it up for now."

"Since this is a dragon, we shouldn't do anything to it as it might affect negotiation with Oros in the future." Said Naberius.

"I don't think it will be that important. The sea dragons' clan were exiled a few centuries ago for daring to defy the will of the dragon council. Nowadays, they are rogue dragons with no stable territory, wandering the world constantly. In addition, they are target by dragon hunters for their luminescent skin that are extremely durable and quite unique as it emits light in darkness. Since they no longer have the protection of the dragon council, their number has diminished quite a lot these recent years, making them so rare."

"A dragon...." Alastor muttered, rubbing his chin in deep thoughts.

"What do you think we should do with it, Alastor?"

"Hehehehe"

"Alastor?"

"I think I just found my ride!"

* * *

Back at the Osborne mansion, after an seemingly endless and fruitless search for Tasha added to a close encounter with death itself, young Edward has brought his two saviours back to his home to thank them for their intervention.

"I have no words that can express my gratitude for you two kind ladies for having saved my only son." Said the Lord of the House in joy.

"It's a natural thing to do under such circumstances. I am sure anyone would do the same for your son." Maria, crossing her leg as she rested on the comfortable sofa, sipped her tea.

"I am afraid that is not the case for the people of our city, especially right now when trust is just a fantasy word." Osborne muttered with sad eyes, thinking how his city has fallen so low. While the catastrophe has ravaged Cedra, it didn't destroy the people's hope. Yet, a simple declaration from a foreign country was able to turn the nation upside down, turning friends against each other. Truly, the word 'trust' has become a fantasy, a myth in this place. "But enough of my babbling. I am just a low noble, unfit to talk about politics. But my son has just been promoted to be among the royal guards. He may be young and inexperienced but his skills are top notch as a mage."