Chapter Five - There's a Ghost in my Biology Class

Since I already take Botany, one of the many branches of Biology, I decided that was the best place to start looking for Blaze. Besides, I don't have the money, nor inclination to take a different Biology class.

I headed into my Botany class with Mage at my side, or at least she said  that she was at my side, but she's staying hidden right now.

Feeling fidgety and awkward, I walked over to a desk and took my seat. This was the first time I was in this class knowing that there might actually be a freaking ghost attending this class, or at least attempting to.

"Don't worry, I'm right here." Mage assured me quietly, "I'll keep an eye out for Blaze."

I nodded and swallowed hard, not really feeling comforted by Mage's words. I wonder how many ghosts are in all of my other classes...

As Mrs. Mahoney, our overly energetic Botany professor, entered the room I tried to stop worrying about the ghost and just focus on the class. For the most part, it was normal, until about halfway through Mage whispered to me, "Hey, I think I know where Blaze it. I'm going to try to convince him to come over here."

"Okay, hurry." I muttered quietly under my breath, not wanting to get in trouble. Hey, college classes are expensive, I can't afford to get thrown out and I don't want to be on anyone's bad side.

After a few moments, I felt someone rustling my hair.

I glanced back, only to see nothing. I frowned. "Mage, was that you." I whispered, keeping my eyes on Mrs. Mahoney, hoping she wouldn't notice.

"Yes." she replied.

"What do you want, brat? Why are you even here?" Growled an agitated boy's voice.

Heh, sounds just like a living thirteen year old boy.

"Blaze..." I said under my breath, "I'm here to help you."

"Heh, with what? Why would you help me? I'm a ghost, if you haven't realized. How did you even know my name?" Blaze demanded answers.

"How about we talk after class?" Mage suggested, "College classes are supposed to be super important, right, so we should let Roo listen to the teacher lady."

"Then why'd you pull me over here, if you didn't want to interrupt, brat?" Blaze asked coldly.

"Hey! I have a name you know!" Mage snapped loudly.

"Shhh!" I shot back, earning a few weird glances from other classmates, but quieting the two ghost kids.

"Fine, I'll show myself to you after class, but you better give me some answers." Blaze growled.

I sighed quietly, just like a normal teenager...