Chapter Twenty - Zoe, The Insane Teacher/Ghost Hunter

"Look, I didn't do anything!" I exclaimed.

I'm currently in my Liberal Arts teacher's office, trying to explain that I had nothing to do with what happened in his classroom, without sounding crazy and blaming it on ghosts. Emphasis on trying.

"Really? Because, you sure seem guilty." Mr. Smith growled.

"I did nothing." I insisted, "I just went into your class because I heard weird noises coming from there."

Lies.

He raised an eyebrow, "My class was locked."

"It wasn't when I got there." I lied. I really  hope there aren't any security cameras...

Mr. Smith rubbed his temples, "I don't need this right now. You can just talk to Zoe about this, since she has access to the security cameras. I won't be having any of my classes this week, since it was destroyed."

He glared at me, "She'll be here in a bit. You better not have been lying about any of that." Mr. Smith stormed out of the office.

After I heard him walk away, Mage and Arthur materialized on either side of me.

"I am so screwed!" I panicked.

"No, you're not. Just calm down." Arthur ordered, "You'll be fine."

"How? I'm going to get kicked out!" I snapped.

"Arthur, is there any way you can access the cameras and corrupt them so that it doesn't show Roo breaking in?" Mage asked.

Arthur started nodding, but before he could say anything, another voice came from the doorway, "There'll be no need for that."

I almost fell out of my chair as I quickly turned around to see where the voice came from.

In the doorway stood a female with blonde hair in a pixie-cut. She wore black glasses and had goggles pushed onto the top of her head. She was also wearing a black sweater with a white lab coat overtop of it. I assumed she was one of the teachers here, probably the person Mr. Smith had been talking about.

Mage and Arthur tried going invisible quickly.

"Hey, where'd you two go?" Asked the blonde, "I know what you are, you don't need to hide."

Mage and Arthur still didn't show themselves, "Uhh..." I awkwardly stared at her in confusion.

The blonde smiled warmly at me, "My name is Zoe." She reached a hand out, which I shook.

"I'm Roo Wallace."

Zoe nodded, "I know. What are your two little ghost friends names'?"

I was taken aback, "Wh-what?"

"I know what they are, they don't need to hide." She raised an eyebrow, "And yes, I do know that it was one of the other ghosts that messed up the class room."

"How do you..." I trailed off. She seems nice enough... "Guys, you should come out."

There were a few moments of silence, before Arthur and Mage appeared. They both looked skeptical.

"Wow, I've never seen one of you in person before." Zoe inched closer to them.

"This is Mage, and that's Arthur." I gestured to my two ghostly friends.

"Hmmm... strange..."

 Zoe leaned to on side and was staring Arthur and mage down intensely.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

Zoe looked over at me like she had completely forgotten that I was even there, "Well, ghosts usually don't socialize with the living too much. I'm surprised that you practically all live together."

"Wait, how did you know that!?" I asked.

"Hmm? Oh, I should probably explain better. Aside from my job here as a teacher, I study the paranormal. I've also been keeping a close eye on you three, but I haven't found out too much about any of you."

Arthur seemed to tense up a bit at this, "So, you've been watching us?"

"Yes, yes I have." She stated calmly, "I purpose a deal; you let me observe you so that I can learn more about ghosts and the paranormal, and I can help you if you ever need to sneak past security or the cameras."

"What do you mean observe us?" Mage spoke up.

"Basically I'm going to watch you from afar and use that information to learn more about what you are, how you stay in this world, how you exit it, and what you can and cannot do. Also, I would like to be able to speak directly to you and ask questions for my research, if it is needed."

The three of us glanced at each other, unsure of weather or not to accept.

"What do you two think?" I asked.

"I think we should accept," Arthur whispered to me, "I have a feeling that if we don't listen to her she'll make this harder for us. All of us."

I glanced down at Mage, who nodded in agreement.

"Okay, we accept."

================================================

Hey guys, it's me. (Obviously) I'm so sorry I haven't been updating recently, it's been about a week since I last updated anything!

I'll try to update more later on. I hope you enjoyed this update, even though it's not that long. Have a great day/night, my wolf pack! :3