Chapter Thirteen - My Scaredy-cat Dorm Mates

"So, what were those things that I saw? Were they, like, Eleanor's memories?"

"Yeah, you saw them because she needed someone to know what happened." Mage explained.

"What did she mean when she said that she'd hurt people?" I asked.

"Well, she was drunk and hurt her children." Mage shrugged, "That's really all there was to it."

"Huh." I gazed out the window of the tree house. "That makes sense."

I felt exhausted after that and wanted nothing more than to join my roommates, Haru and Sevta, back at our place. I wonder if the are even back at our dorm. The last I saw of them was when we were in the tunnels.

"I should probably go see Sevta and Haru, I haven't seen them since the tunnels and I don't want them to worry."

The sun  was setting, causing the sky to turn a peaceful shade of orange.

Mage nodded, "And I bet your tired after that, huh."

"Mhmm."

"Well, get used to it, we still have plenty of ghosts to help!" Mage sounded so cheerful, "Hurry, let's get back to your dorm room before it gets too dark out."

"No argument there." I agreed and headed down the ladder that lead up to the tree house. I didn't even care that it was high up anymore, I just felt so drained that it didn't even process in my mind how high up we were.

Once we reached the base of the tree, I ran to the boarded up house and retrieved my backpack from the branches of the nearby tree. "Thank goodness no one stole anything." I muttered under my breath as I searched through my backpack to make sure nothing was missing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I face planted onto my bed when I finally  got back to my dorm.

After laying there for a few moments I heard two voices calling. "Roo!?"

"Hmmm?" I grumbled and pushed myself into a sitting position. In front of me was Haru and Sevta, who were both almost in tears. I raised an eyebrow. "What's wrong, guys?"

"What do you mean what's wrong!? We thought you were dead!" They screamed in reply.

I rubbed my temples. "Geez, guys, calm down. I'm fine." I looked back over at them, "I'm just glad that you two made it out safely and didn't get lost or something."

"We thought you got killed by ghosts." Sevta's eyes grew huge.

"Ha, there weren't any ghosts. Just me and two scaredy-cats." I laughed.

"Hey!" Haru snapped.

"Well, you two ditched me, did you really expect me to not give you a hard time about it?" I pointed out.

The two glanced at each other, "Well, we're just glad you're safe."

"You look tired..." Sevta realized.

"You should get some rest." Haru murmured before dragging Sevta out of the room with her.

"Yeah, I should."

I lied down for a few moments only to be interrupted by... Mage.

"You do realize that I'm still here, right?"

Oh yeah, she's still in here, isn't she?

"You're invisible, aren't you?" I asked, opening my eyes and rolling to one side.

"Yup!"

Silence.

"Hey, Roo. Why did they leave you in the tunnels?" Mage asked.

"I don't know, maybe because they're just not as brave as me." I rolled my eyes because I knew it wasn't true. I wasn't any braver than either of them, so why aren't I afraid of ghosts?

Mage appeared suddenly, right in front of me. She was smiling evilly.

I raised an eyebrow, "What's that look for, kid?"

"Hehe, nothing, I'm just going to go have some fun."

That doesn't sound too good.

"Hey, Mage, wait-"

Mage disappeared again but I could see the door of my small room opening and I peaked out the door to see Haru and Sevta cuddling on the couch the three of us shared, watching something on tv.

Aww, they're cute together.

"Boo!" Called a voice loudly from behind them.

The two girls screeched loudly and ran into their shared room.

"Hahahaha!" I fell down laughing and so did Mage when she become visible.

I wiped tears away from my eyes. I was laughing so hard, my eyes were watering. "Haha, wow, that was amazing. I can't believe how scared they got."

"Hehe, you were right, Roo." Mage smiled, "They really are scaredy-cats."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't know where I was really going with this chapter, just wanted to lighten the mood. Anyways, I'm super tired right now and I'm feeling really lazy, so IDK if I'll update again today, but I have nothing going on tomorrow, so maybe then.

See you later guys, and as always have a great day. Bye, my friends~!