Chapter Seven - Where's Axel?

"Heh, sure." Blaze said, "I searched for them for years, I've given up hope."

"Don't you love your brothers?" I asked.

Blaze shot me a dirty look, "Of course I do!" His facial expression softened and he looked sad, "I love them more than anything."

"Then don't just give up on saving them! We're going to find them, no matter what." I promised.

"Yeah!" Mage agreed happily, "We're going to reunite you, and everyone else here so we can all move on."

Blaze smiled weakly, "Yeah, let's do that."

"Hehe, great." I smiled. Even though I don't know them, I feel like I should help them, like I need to help them. They've been through so much, and they deserve to finally be happy.

"Wait, where do we even start?" Blaze asked.

"Hmmm?" I wondered aloud, "Well, with the three of us working together, I'm sure we can figure this out. Blaze, which one of your little brothers should we look for first?"

"Hmmm? I mean, I guess Axel, since he could help find Nixon, but I'm really worried about both of them."

"Okay, that sounds like a good idea, Blaze." I agreed, "What were some of his favorite things to do when he was living?"

Blaze blinked a few times, "Uh, well, he liked to explore."

"Hmmm, so maybe we should look in the tunnels." I suggested.

"I've already scoured the tunnels looking for Axel." Blaze said sounding defeated.

"Yeah, and I've been searching there for years, but I haven't run into him." Mage pointed out.

"Okay, maybe somewhere else then..." I trailed, trying to think of a place here that would be worth exploring.

"Hmmm..."

After a few moments of silence, it hit me, "The boarded up place!"

"The what?" asked Blaze, sounding annoyed, again.

"There's a boarded up building here, it has a bunch of asbestos in it and they couldn't get rid of, so they just boarded it up since breathing in the asbestos would be too dangerous." I explained, "People are always trying to get in there and explore it since you can't see inside, that might be a good place to look."

"You're right!" Blaze sounded explained, "I've seen that place, but never even considered the fact that Axel might be in there, this is great."

"Yeah, we should go there and look," Mage agreed, "Roo, can you take us there?"

"Wait, what about the asbestos?" Blaze asked, "It wouldn't affect Mage or I, but it would be extremely dangerous for Roo to inhale- deadly even."

"Good point." I sighed in defeat.

"Wait! What about those masky-things that doctors use? You know, the ones they use to make sure they don't inhale anything?" Mage wondered aloud, "Roo could use one of those to protect her from the asbestos."

"Good idea, Mage!" I smiled and she smiled back, "Wait, where would I got one of those?"

"Heh, leave that to me." Blaze smirked evily, creeping me out. Geez, that kid can be intimidating.