Chapter Twenty Six - Spirit Board

"Hey, Roo!"Sevta called, breaking my concentration on the book I was reading.

"Yeah?" I called back.

"Guess what we found!" Haru squealed.

"What?" I asked, making a face, but still not moving from my room.

"Come here and check it out." Sevta ordered.

I sighed softly, but agreed, "Okay. I'm coming."

I set down my book, Sir Gawain and the Green Knights. Mage was right, I do love Medieval stuff. I'm actually currently taking a Medieval class. It isn't too hard. My harder classes are my other ones, but I don't mind that they're hard.

I glance over at my huge stack of books next to my desk. Isn't it kind of weird that I'm training to be a doctor while I'm at a college that used to be an insane asylum? You know, because they used to have doctors here, but they were kind of jerks and...

"Ekk." I shudder at the thought of anyone getting hurt here. It just disturbs me for some reason.

"Hurry up!"

I rolled my eyes and smiled softly as I exited my room and came into the living room-ish area where Sevta and Haru were.

"Look." Sevta held up an Ouija Board.

"Oh, no ya' don't." I said.

"What? Why not?" Haru asked.

I put my hands on my hips and closed my eyes, "That last time you two dragged me into something that you thought was haunted, you ditched me in some dark tunnels."

"I thought you weren't afraid of ghosts." Haru teased.

"I'm not," I began, "But  I know that you are."

Sevta tensed, "Oh, come on. This'll be fun."

"Hmmm." I felt uncertain. I'd never believed in ghosts until I met Mage, but now that I know they exist, I feel like I shouldn't mess with them. Doing something like this might provoke one of them.

"C'mon, are you in or out?" Haru asked, smiling.

To be honest, I probably would have said 'yes' to this before I met Mage and all the others.

I sighed softly. I'm going to regret this, aren't I? "Okay, sure."

Sevta put the Ouija Board on the floor and the three of us sit in a circle around it. Sevta placed the planchette in the center of the board and both her and Haru held onto an edge of it.

"You have to do it too if we want it to work." Haru stated.

I nodded and hesitantly took an edge.

Sevta, Haru, and I glanced back and forth, not really sure what to do.

"Say something." Sevta whispered.

I looked to Haru and jerked my heads towards her. She shook her head rapidly.

"Seriously?" I muttered under my breath. I sat up, "Uh, greetings."

"Really?"

"Hey, neither of you would say anything!"

Suddenly the planchette began moving. It spelled out 'hello'. Haru let out a soft scream.

"H-hi." Sevta stuttered, "Who are you? What's your name?'

Crud, this isn't good. I really hoped this wouldn't work.

 The planchette jerked back and forth, as if two different entities were fighting over it. I could have sworn, I heard someone whispering. Finally, it spelled out 'Merlin'.