Chapter Thirty - Wait What?!

I was hanging out in the tree house that I found Nixon in and reading. I'll be honest, this is a super peaceful place, and I plan on coming here more so I can study in peace. It's actually really beautiful up here.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head on one of the windowsills.

"Hey!" Called a voice from the base of the tree.

My eyes snapped open. Who's that? 

I turned from the window and quickly climbed down the ladder, shaking a bit while coming down. Yep, still not used to this climb, or heights in general.

I stopped shaking as my feet hit the green grass below.

"Yes?" I called and started turning around, looking for the owner of the voice. That's when I saw Alice, holding a bundle of blankets in her arms.

"Alice? Hey, I-"

"No, Roo." She said, cutting me off in the process, "You're not going to help me move on."

"But I can he-."

"No, at least not yet." Alice snapped.

I nodded, deciding to just drop it. Something told me that she wouldn't be easy to convince. I should just hold off... for now.

Alice let out a small sigh, "But there are some people that you can help."

I tilted my head, "Yeah, I assumed as much. Who would they be?"

Alice slowly pulled some of the blanket away and I looked down to see a small, transparent baby squirming around in the green blankets.

I gasped softly, "Alice... who's baby is that?"

"Who knows? I sure don't, but one thing we can both assume is that their parents are also ghosts." Alice handed me that baby bundled in blankets, "Here."

I cradled the small baby in my arms and looked down at it, still in shock. "But, what am I supposed to-"

I looked up but Alice wasn't there anymore. "Do...?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Zoe!"

"Yeah?" Called the insane teacher from the other side of the door to her office.

"Open the door! I really need to talk to you." I glanced down at the baby, now giggling adorably.

The door opened up and Zoe came out. "Okay, what's so important that-" She looked down at the baby. "Woah."

"Yeah." My voice wasn't as steady as I'd like it to be.

"How did you-?"

"Alice gave her err- or maybe him?- to me. She said I could help him uh, move on." I explained.

"Ah." She leaned forward to get a better look at the baby and pushed her glasses up, "I didn't know that babies could become ghosts, although it makes sense."

There were a few moments of the two of us just staring at the baby in silence.

"Can do experiments on it?"

"What?!"

"I'm just kidding." Zoe held up her arms in defense, "I'm not that cruel, I wouldn't hurt a baby. Alive or otherwise."

She twisted her blond hair around her fingers, "what do you plan on doing with her, or him?"

"I guess I should find their mother."

======================================================

Ghost babies. Yes. This is life right now.

In other news, chapter thirty! Yay! I haven't updated any other books this much. This one's special. You here that, Hauntings? I love this book, and I hope you guys do as well. :3

As always, have a fabulous day/night my wolf pack friends. Bye bye~!