Chapter Twenty Four - Battle In My Class

Mary, Mage, Arthur, and I were all positioned around my Liberal Arts class. Arthur was in a wardrobe-cabinet (That's not the correct term for that... XD), Mage was in a vent, Mary was in the shadows near a book shelf, and I was in the center of the room.

I narrowed my eyes in thought for a moment. This isn't a good plan. Someone might die. Wait...

I shifted awkwardly. Why did I sign up for this? This is not a good thing to be doing at 5:00 AM. I'm tired.

My eyelids felt heavy but snapped open as the lights began flickering and a cold wind began whipping papers around the class room.

I tensed up, but tried to look calm. As scared as I am, I don't want to freak Henry out. 

I glanced to either side of me. Where is he?

"You aren't welcome here."

My eyes landed on an aggravated Henry. "I have very right to be here." I said, trying to calm.

"I know what you want to do and I'm not going to let this happen." Henry snapped.

"You won't let me do what? Help you and other?" I said like it was statement rather than a question.

His eye narrowed and he clenched his fists. I don't understand why he doesn't want my help.

"Anyone affiliated with him is against us, and so are you!" Henry snapped.

I tried to keep the confusion out of my voice, "I just want to help you." Who's he talking about?

"That's what every one says! And you know what? They were all liars!" A bolt of bright lightning shot from Henry and towards me.

I cringed, but didn't move. This better work guys.

The lightning slammed into an invisible barrier, inches from my face, and spread out slightly. It crackled and sizzled loudly before disappearing just as fast as it had appeared.

Henry looked utterly confused, "What?" His voice shook.

"None of us want to hurt you, Henry." I promised.

"It's true." Mary stepped from the shadows of the book case.

"Mary!" He turned his eyes back to me, the anger in them strong, "You took her from me!"

"I didn't take anyone." I stated.

"Hen-ry. I just want to mo-ve o-on. But I ne-ed you with me!" Mary's voice cracked loudly and could tell she was crying.

She slowly made her way over to Henry. "We can go. W-e can lea-ve the past behind us."

Tears made their way into Herny's eyes, but he looked determined, and aggravated. "They don't deserve to-!"

Mary wrapped her arms around Henry, "I know... but- that doesn't matter. Let's go no-w. Let's forget everything and just... be happy again."

After a long pause, Henry agreed, "Okay..."

The same blue, green, purple, and silver lines of light that surrounded Nixon, Axel, and Blaze now whizzed around Mary and Henry. as they slowly faded away.

The wind that had been barreling through the room died down and I let out a deep sigh.

The others came out and we joined in the center of the class. I smiled like a dope, "Woo! We did it!"

"Yeah, we did!" Mage sounded just as happy as I.

"I'm really glad that your protective defenses stood up against Henry's powers." I said as I looked over at Arthur.

"So am I. I was a little scared we were going to have to carry a charred Roo back to her dorm." Arthur joked and Mage punched him in the arm lightly.

"I feel so invincible."

"Well, your not, so don't go doing stupid things and get yourself killed." Arthur then muttered something that I didn't quite hear.

"What was that?" I asked.

Arthur laughed, "Wow, your hearings already going?"

"Hey!"

================================================================

I. Finally. Updated. Ahhhhhhh! My voice cracked WAY too much while I said that... I'm so sorry about how long this took to do. I will try to update again tomorrow, but that might not happen because I'm a jerk.

As always, I hope you enjoyed and have a great day/night my wolf pack! Bye!~

Is that outro thing-y getting old? tell me what you guys think. :3