- three

I wake up with a tiny headache. Nothing as painful as I think Chris'll have when he wakes up.

I think about messaging him to see if he's okay but I decide against it as i never text him and he probably won't even remember what happened last night.

Today the girls and I have all planned to go out, just on a long walk or something. I have a shower, do what I need to do and walk out the door to meet them. This is going to be a long, eventful day.

*chris' pov*
As I get down the stairs, I stop and stare at all the mess. Cups, plaits, food, spillages, how on earth am I suppose to clean this up before my parents get home? I sigh to myself and walk in the kitchen to get some tablets for my pounding headache.

It's quite late in the day now, about five o'clock.

chris: bro I'm gonna need your help cleaning up, come over when you're ready. Please...

***

Shortly after Jack and I finishing off cleaning up the house, we had some time to have a quick kick about in some field. The bright lights lighting up the green blades of grass, and dog poo.

"Man, last night was lit!" Jack says as he passed the ball back to me. "I remember seeing you with a girl too." He smirks.

I laughed at his use of the word 'lit.' "I suppose it was, I can't remember much about last night, I don't even remember the girl I was with." I said with a light chuckle, still kicking the ball about.

"I got so drunk last night, I don't even know how I'm standing up to be honest." We both laugh until we were interrupted by a group of girls laughing hysterically.

"Is that my sister?"

The group of 6 girls stumbled onto the bridge that was next to us. One of them was giving the other one a piggy back, struggling to stand as they were laughing so much.

"That's my sister." Jack face-palms.

I look closer and I realise it's Maya and her group of friends. Iv only ever met her 5 friends once, so I wouldn't remember their names. She was on the back of a tall, blonde girl.

She had a neat ish bun in her hair and she was wearing a vest top and shorts. They were all laughing with so much passion you could tell they were best friends and how much they all loved each other. Her smile was so genuine and beautiful... This can't happen, not now not ever.

As they stumbled their way over the bridge it all came back to me. She was the mystery girl from last night.

We both went to the bridge and talked. We talked about her, nothing about me. I remember her being not so drunk, though. That's probably how I made it to bed in the morning. Her, she helped me. It all made sense now.

"Chris! You coming?" Jack shouts to me as I stand there in ore of her. He was already next to her and ready to go home.

I jogged up to him while Maya said bye to her friends. Once Maya came back it was silent.

"Chris found a girl last night, but he doesn't remember who," Jack told Maya. "Who were you with last night?" He added.

"I can't remember either." Maya spoke, with not a tone of truth in her voice. Her happiness turned to sadness in only a few minutes.

I wanted to just tell her I remember and tell her how much I care that she's happy. But I can't, not in front of Jack. He would not approve of us being a couple, let alone me falling for her.

*maya's pov*

Maya: he forgot.
Sent - sat, 19:34