- thirtyone

"I've only come to collect my guitar, I'm not staying." I stated, with Chris by my side the whole time. Jack's face turning to horror in an instant. "No Maya, we need to talk." Jack grabs my arm as I grab my guitar bag with my instrument inside of it and hang it on my shoulder. "Do we?" I retort, not sounding so sure. "I'm really sorry for what I said, not believing you and believing that monster of a girl instead." He admitted. "What's changed then?" I asked again. Chris standing closer to my side as Jack came closer to me. "I asked Lauren, straight up. She told me, I think she felt bad about the whole situation she put you through." He explained, with the look of hurt in his eyes. He's my brother, my best friend. I knew I wouldn't have been able to stay away from him for too long.

   I threw myself at my tall brother and eloped him in a huge hug. "I'm sorry too, for lying about everything - and everything with Chris." I apologised, looking back at Chris and grabbing his hand. "But he makes me happy and I love him, I know I do. And if you can't except that then-" I rambled, not know what excuse to make up, squeezing my boyfriends hand in reassurance that I wasn't going anywhere even if Jack gave him no chance. "Please..." I whispered, looking into Jack's dull, grey eyes.  He eyed him up and down like they were strangers - like they had never seen each other before. I cautiously stepped out of the way. He slowly walked over to Chris, in a slightly intimidating way, I got nervous myself. My brother was much taller than Chris as most people were - him being so small, yet taller than me.

   Jack places his hand out for Chris to shake. He timidly grabs his it and they shake. "I can see how happy you make my sister and how happy she makes you. I trust you not to hurt her, but if you do I swear to god..." Jack trails off but brings himself back. "She does make me happy, I'm so lucky she came into my life. I won't ever hurt her, but if I do, I deserve whatever I get." They both speak as if I'm not here, listening. "You have granted yourself a chance." Jack jokes and pulls Chris in for a hug. "It feels good to have you back, man."

At this point in time, everything felt perfect. I'm working out my priorities and things were falling back into place.